FIFL All Star team

League Updates & Information
pjohns
All-Pro

FIFL All Star team

Post by pjohns »

I know these things are for fun but i was stunned Madison didnt have one player in the team ! FIFL Bowl runners up and not one player !

I had the 3rd ranked defense, 2nd against the run and no one from my team !

Oh well !

Mike
All-Pro

Post by Mike »

Yeah. This All-Pro thing is pretty hyped up. Not nearly enough as important as making the post-season. More likely, the all-star teams are made to give the hometown fans something to cheer about if their team didn't make the Final Eight. For example, Shakes made the team, but Shakes' team didn't make the playoffs. Can you say consolation prize? Tell you what: next time your team makes the playoffs, trade the spot for more players on the all-star team! I would take a bunch of no-names any day over a non playoff team!
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

exit322
All-Pro

Post by exit322 »

Wasn't that 17-0 Miami Dolphins' defense named the "No-Name Defense?"
Let the Mayhem begin!

Green Bay Bombers
All-Pro

and yet...

Post by Green Bay Bombers »

The Louisiana Bayou Beast placed six players on defense (led by TJ Light,) and four on offense, including OT Darren Rothenburg who won the MVP in the players/coaches voting for the Beast. Add two special teams players, that's twelve! The best record in the league had a LOT do with this showing. No diss to Madison and others, whom deserved better, but the Beast improved by leaps and bounds last season, and it shows here! WOO HOO!

exit322
All-Pro

Post by exit322 »

Madison's never won with star power, while Louisiana traditionally does...so this result surprises no one.

Just blame it on the Bayou Media Bias.
Let the Mayhem begin!

Commish
Site Admin

Post by Commish »

And look at the TEN LB's....

I am in a league where all 4 DL in one conference was won by one team. I cried foul, as my guy had better stats than 2 of them, but that didnt get changed.

I basically look at the results, and my changes are minimal. Only thing I do is add a 4th DB, and pick Special Team players.

If you left the computer to give out awards, every MVP will show it as a QB.

pjohns
All-Pro

Post by pjohns »

I totally agree, i normally leave the all pro team alone in my league but often the computer gets mixed up and puts a player from one conference in another.

I'm happy with my team playing as a team all round, reminds me of the 1992 Dallas Cowboys defense, number 1 defense in the league, not one player named All-Pro !

Mike
All-Pro

Re: and yet...

Post by Mike »

Bayou Beast wrote:The Louisiana Bayou Beast placed six players on defense (led by TJ Light,) and four on offense, including OT Darren Rothenburg who won the MVP in the players/coaches voting for the Beast. Add two special teams players, that's twelve! The best record in the league had a LOT do with this showing. No diss to Madison and others, whom deserved better, but the Beast improved by leaps and bounds last season, and it shows here! WOO HOO!
I particularly hold the management of the Beast franchise in high esteem, due to the fact the team often had 5+ retirements each year over the last few years yet built in competitiveness!
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

portland
All-Pro

Post by portland »

if it's all the same, i'd like to see madison get at least one guy on the all-pro team -- as long as it doesn't knock a prowler off the list. :)

doesn't seem right the mads got ignored in the all-pro list. all-pro seasons increase trade value, influence hall of fame voting, etc. (yes, i know we don't have a HoF yet). just my two cents CAN (which is worth more than the US two cents at this point) ...

Green Bay Bombers
All-Pro

Re: and yet...

Mike wrote:
Bayou Beast wrote:The Louisiana Bayou Beast placed six players on defense (led by TJ Light,) and four on offense, including OT Darren Rothenburg who won the MVP in the players/coaches voting for the Beast. Add two special teams players, that's twelve! The best record in the league had a LOT do with this showing. No diss to Madison and others, whom deserved better, but the Beast improved by leaps and bounds last season, and it shows here! WOO HOO!
I particularly hold the management of the Beast franchise in high esteem, due to the fact the team often had 5+ retirements each year over the last few years yet built in competitiveness!
yea, well. one does what is possible at that moment... We are already experiencing fallout from last season in the trade department... GB is too busy reconfiguring the front office structure to participate to date... stay tuned!

Mike
All-Pro

Post by Mike »

portland wrote:if it's all the same, i'd like to see madison get at least one guy on the all-pro team -- as long as it doesn't knock a prowler off the list. :)

doesn't seem right the mads got ignored in the all-pro list. all-pro seasons increase trade value, influence hall of fame voting, etc. (yes, i know we don't have a HoF yet). just my two cents CAN (which is worth more than the US two cents at this point) ...
As my Canadian opinion is worth more than an American's, due to the exchange rate, I would say that the end-of-the-year ALL Star team is NOT fair, but still acceptable. For example, I thought HON was equally missing out as MAD is. QB Perez, 6th in all time win %, 8th in career rating, is often overlooked as 'Mr. Very Good But Not Great' doesn't make you a shining all-star. Perez was #2 in rating, #2 in percent completion, tied for 3rd in throwing the fewest interceptions, no fumbles, went to the playoffs, did NOT make the all-star team in favour of QBs hamilton and warner, both of whom did NOT make the playoffs. I could also talk about HB Jon Hall who didn't make the All-star team either, despite being #2 in rushing yards, 4.3 yds/ carry. Only 3 teams had more first downs rushing than HON, but I don't see any of HON's RBs or OLs on the All-star team.

We all know the rest of HON's team SUCKS!!!! (had to get that in! :twisted: ) but I don't think the representation issue is limited to MAD.
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

Green Bay Bombers
All-Pro

More fodder...

..from the NFL?

"The steady improvement of first-round draft pick Gaines Adams; emergence of rookie safety Tanard Jackson, who's started every game; and steady improvement of unheralded linemen Greg White and Jovan Haye have played a big role in the Bucs ranking No. 1 against the pass and No. 2 overall.

Despite the success, no Buccaneers were voted to the Pro Bowl.

"Nobody sees us play, man," Barber said. "Obviously, stats tell you one thing. But when you get a bunch of people watching you, and you get some name recognition on the guys, then they'll start recognizing how good they are."

Mike
All-Pro

Re: More fodder...

Post by Mike »

Bayou Beast wrote:..from the NFL?

"The steady improvement of first-round draft pick Gaines Adams; emergence of rookie safety Tanard Jackson, who's started every game; and steady improvement of unheralded linemen Greg White and Jovan Haye have played a big role in the Bucs ranking No. 1 against the pass and No. 2 overall.

Despite the success, no Buccaneers were voted to the Pro Bowl.

"Nobody sees us play, man," Barber said. "Obviously, stats tell you one thing. But when you get a bunch of people watching you, and you get some name recognition on the guys, then they'll start recognizing how good they are."
DAMN those little football fans inside my computer that didn't vote for my players....
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner