Week 2 - Rochester slump to defeat

League Updates & Information
pjohns
All-Pro

Week 2 - Rochester slump to defeat

Post by pjohns »

The Raiders entered this game with high hopes as they were at home but they were stunned 24-21 as Chesapeake scored 10 unanswered 4Q points and held off Rochester near the end of the game to run out winners.

It was a must win game for Chesapeake who lost in the first week of the season but are now joint 1st in the division.

For Rochester being at home it was a costly defeat. A major mistake might have been starting former CB Damien Huren at S2, his first ever start in the FIFL. After being one of the top rushing defenses last year the Raiders allowed two huge long touchdowns in the 2Q of 64 and 49 yards. Apart from one long 97 yard touchdown drive the Raiders spluttered on offense again.

The Raiders could go to a losing record in Week 3 as they travel away to Portland who are a shocking 0-2. Portlands stadium will be sold out as its the return of Albert Higgs !

Riverhawks
Seasoned-Veteran

Post by Riverhawks »

Just checking out Chesapeake's roster, I was surprised at the talent level! This team could be the surprise of the year. With so many changes, I can't remember where they came from. Their offensive line might be the best in the league.

With a tough Lexington team added to the Central Division, the American Conference is looking very good the season.

This week Tennessee travels to Maryland? to see how good the upstart Tide really is. With the potential for that huge Chesapeake OL to wear down our defense, the Riverhawks will have to keep the ball on the ground and eat up the clock. If they can't do that, it will be up to Graziani to win in a shootout, something we don't want to get into.

pjohns
All-Pro

Post by pjohns »

Yeah i think Chesapeake are a very good team. Theyre going to get way way better in the future, you seen their draft picks ?

two 1st round picks
three 2nd round picks
one 3rd round pick
two 4th round picks

They certainly are a team to watch !!!