Yawn II - The Sequel

League Updates & Information
Mike
All-Pro

Yawn II - The Sequel

Post by Mike »

Ottawa, circa 2060. An aged Kevin Fillman, GM HON looks back while sipping his green tea.

Man, that was such a FIFL season we just had. I had to wait almost, what 50 years to see rookie Jason White come in for an injured Bonner and do so well. I don't think I'll be around for another season...just to old. I'm even drinking green tea as my wife says it is good for old men. Green tea, dammit!

We waited so long, but some passed on. That's okay, as they didn't make the playoffs. Including Portland, (heh heh). But seriously, I hope Joe's soul find peace. He's probably drafting experienced angels in heaven...no time for rookies, eh? He probably traded his first round pick to an archangel...

It was kind of weird to see the league start up again. I guess the Commish finally finished his company and sold it off and retired...and restarted FIFL. Computers are almost to complicated to play games right now. Especially as we have million-bit computers now. Somehow, though, the Commish came through. Only three owners had passed by then, and we lost my buddy Mike (Fort Wayne) to a heart attack in the playoffs.

Ah, yeah, Mike. He should have skipped watching the season. Somehow his team rebounded. Mine did great. HON made it back to the Gold Cup, but lost. Not bad for a team which in real life died due to that earthquake in '25 that sank Hawaii. But, Mike's team rebounded the most, going from the bottom to the conference championship, losing to ROC.

That was fun, but it also killed him, I think. I don't think he was able to handle making fun of HB Shaw over the past 48 years, then seeing Shaw kick his ass with 250 yards in the conference championship! That night the doctor pronounced Mike DOA of cardiac arrest.

Ah, well, at least he had a good life. He won the Gold Cup, eh? I didn't. Ah, well. Speaking of cups, this cup of tea is cold, dammit!
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

Connecticut
All-Pro

Re: Yawn II - The Sequel

Post by Connecticut »

Mike wrote:Ottawa, circa 2060. An aged Kevin Fillman, GM HON looks back while sipping his green tea.

Only three owners had passed by then, and we lost my buddy Mike (Fort Wayne) to a heart attack in the playoffs.
I guess the term "buddy" gets used pretty loosely in the future

Green Bay Bombers
All-Pro

uuhhhmmmm...

Post by Green Bay Bombers »

this is 2 weeks now MB
the only time we fail is when we stop trying

Riverhawks
Seasoned-Veteran

2061 Draft

Post by Riverhawks »

With the 1st pick in the 2061 draft, the Tennessee Riverhawks pick DL Zorg, the atomic death robot.

Name: Zorg
Position: Entire Defensive Line
College: Produced at University of Planet Arous
Ht: 32' 6"
Wt: Estimated 25 tons
Armament: Unknown

RIVERHAWKS GM JOE JACKSON: After our disasterous 2060 season, we felt the need to upgrade our defense to get back to the tradition of great Riverhawks defenses. So, we took what we felt was the best defensive player in the draft, rather than go for a need at any certain position. Zorg is very raw and inexperienced, having just arrived on Earth. But, it is a rookie with a great upside, even though it is something of a project.
2022 FIFL Gold Cup
2015 FIFL Gold Cup
2021 AFC Champs
2012 AFC Champs

Mike
All-Pro

Post by Mike »

OMG, I laughed SO hard for a few minutes that my sides hurt! I'm biased, but I think this is the second-most entertaining post after my 'Black Knight' post a few years back.

Thanks for this!
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

Green Bay Bombers
All-Pro

Zorg Short Circuited by POV Cameras...

Post by Green Bay Bombers »

THIS is why we stick around leagues like this! EASILY the most hilarious & bitchinest post I've ever witnessed! THANK YOU! Beats my 'Around the House MR Momentum'
the only time we fail is when we stop trying

Riverhawks
Seasoned-Veteran

Knock it off

Post by Riverhawks »

Darn, you guys always laugh at my draft picks. :(
2022 FIFL Gold Cup
2015 FIFL Gold Cup
2021 AFC Champs
2012 AFC Champs

Connecticut
All-Pro