yo...

League Updates & Information
Green Bay Bombers
All-Pro

yo...

Post by Green Bay Bombers »

the last 4 weeks this season are wrought with many chills and spills (ty Lou Reed) so be patient while the commish gets it right... at least one more trade is a possibilty and there is always the `owners are not able to input changes at this time due to real life stuff'' going on... pls stand by... better to get it right now than the outrageous protest later? It will happen sooner rather than later. :?:
the only time we fail is when we stop trying

Mike
All-Pro

Post by Mike »

well, this time of the season is very important for trades. With 4 games left, eight teams still seem to have a shot in your conference! Also, it seems to me that injuries are a little higher, so trades and FA signings are even more important.

I would rather have a hard deadline for trades and a delay in play so owners can get their lineups in proper place.
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

Green Bay Bombers
All-Pro

turns out...

Mike wrote:I would rather have a hard deadline for trades and a delay in play so owners can get their lineups in proper place.
that's exactly what took place this season? Commish e-mailed the 5 PM Thursday, 19 January, 2012 deadline league wide. Negociations for trades went on up to wire close to the deadline. Week 11 games were played on 1/23/12... I agree, a one week delay would have netted owners an extra few days for reallignment, but I didn't see any detrimental effects in week 11 games... regardless excellent observation, and should be on the agenda for next season, especially given some of the 'lost/failed' deadline trades in the past (think POR/GBB and HBs)...

Mike
All-Pro

Post by Mike »

I understand that at least one trade ordered pre Jan 23 was not done.
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

Green Bay Bombers
All-Pro

oops

deadline was 19 Jan?

Mike
All-Pro

Post by Mike »

not sure...about a week ago made a blockbuster trade offer to one team, they declined as they had made another to fill their void already. Maybe the trade deadline had been passed. I suppose we assumed it was pre- week 10.
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner