Individual Training Camp?

League Updates & Information
Connecticut
All-Pro

Individual Training Camp?

Post by Connecticut »

Any thoughts on using cclite to do training camps? Then David could just receive a file from each owner and not have to punch in numbers. Just a thought. And it'd give owners more flexibility on running their training camps.

Just a thought :)

http://www.michaelcathey.com/sfl/downloads/cclite.zip

Riverhawks
Seasoned-Veteran

I was once in a league where we did that.

Post by Riverhawks »

I really liked it.
2022 FIFL Gold Cup
2015 FIFL Gold Cup
2021 AFC Champs
2012 AFC Champs

Green Bay Bombers
All-Pro

oops

Post by Green Bay Bombers »

:oops: my bad... it was RM_Lite that was nightmarish, NOT cclite. I prefer using it myself for the reasons already put forth. Just send a file to the commish. saves a LOT of time and helps prevent carpal tunnel (shudder)
Part II... 2 problems... EVERYBODY has to have the game installed on their machine... the fifl.lge file would be exposed to all...
On the flip side, we could also use rmupdate... this puts the onus on the owner to create and send a roster update weekly to the commish
the only time we fail is when we stop trying

Mike
All-Pro

Post by Mike »

would rather have it more simple, as it is.
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

Connecticut
All-Pro

Post by Connecticut »

nope, I don't have the game installed on my machine, and I use cclite for another league. The commish just sends the .lge file out to the owners. Owners start up cclite, select the league file to work from (all with drop down menus, very simple), fill out their training camp for each player on their roster, save, and send the output file to the commish.

So instead of receiving a grid of #s from 18 different owners to have to input, the commish just receives a file and puts the file into a directory. BAM!

The rest of the season is business as usual. cclite is just for training camp.

Connecticut
All-Pro

Post by Connecticut »

Mike wrote:would rather have it more simple, as it is.
cclite is honestly even more simple than it currently is. ESPECIALLY for the commish.

Mike
All-Pro

Post by Mike »

well if it doesn't cost anything I will be glad to ease the commish' burden.
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

Connecticut
All-Pro

Post by Connecticut »

free!

available in the link in the first post

Mike
All-Pro

Post by Mike »

some GMs do not care to add on to the complexity. Making it more complicated does not level the playing field and may turn GMs off.

also, is it realistic to have individual training camps? one QB lifiting weights, another watching game films, another doing speed drills?
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

Connecticut
All-Pro

Post by Connecticut »

Mike wrote:some GMs do not care to add on to the complexity. Making it more complicated does not level the playing field and may turn GMs off.
Agreed, it'd put more work on the owners and make less work for the commish (he wouldn't have to input 18 different teams numbers).
Mike wrote: also, is it realistic to have individual training camps? one QB lifiting weights, another watching game films, another doing speed drills?
We are currently forced to train our WRs and TEs the same, when in reality they are two totally different positions. I bet Wes Welker and Rob Gronkowski (I hate the Patriots, just picking well known names) spend a small amount of time together and most of it apart during training camp. Welker needs to be fast, Gronk needs to be strong and block. Same with FB & RB and DL and DT and CB/Safeties. If anything, I think Individual TC is MORE realistic.

No problem if ya'll don't want to do it, just trying to make the league better & easier for the commish to run but it seems maybe this won't help.

Rob
:)