2024 Post-Draft News

League Updates & Information
TC
All-Pro

2024 Post-Draft News

Post by TC »

Posting news stories by the Commish, from the FIFL front page...

MAGER CONTRACT EXTENSION GETS SHIRTY

After 12 seasons with Madison Mad Dogs and the Rochester Raiders, Rob Mager is pissed.

The 12-year veteran WR has accumulated 986 catches for 13,562 yards and 55 TD's, catching for 1,000 yards at least in each of his 12-seasons, but caught wind of Rochester looking to trade him.

While on vacation in England, we caught quote from Mager... "I got rat arsed last night after getting the word. I don't care. My work shows my effort. The GM is a pillock...We had a bit of a barney... he said he wanted me to stay but he's full of shite. He's spreading a bunch of porkies... What a prat. This wanker hasn't seen the last of me if he wants me to retire. Rubbish".

We will see what turns up for Rob coming into Training Camp and 2024.

PARIS MOORE ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT

After 13 seasons with Black Hills and Chesapeake, Paris Moore announced his retirement.

Coming into the season, Moore looked to break into the HB2 spot, however unfortunately he had a forgettable last season, having more total tackles than total yards.

Moore retires ranked #9 all-time in rushing yards with 10,745, and 11th all-time in all-purpose yards with 17,097.

MCPHERSON SIGNS WITH COYOTES

After the the retirement of legendary QB Shane Franzer, the Connecticut Coyotes found a new QB with former Green Bay Bomber veteran Adrian McPherson.

McPherson was 149 for 241 for 2,054 yards, 16 TD's and 2 INT's for the 6-8 Bombers. McPherson will be entering his 15th season, amassing 18,607 yards, 86 TD's and 31 INT's. McPherson played for Connecticut from 2010-2016 where he was drafted by Connecticut in the 2nd round, 20th overall in the 2020 FIFL Draft.

McPherson is expected to take a back seat to 4th year QB Ken Dorsey.

YOUTH MOVEMENT IN PITTSBURGH?

After twelve seasons, veteran HB Bam Morris has amassed 13,853 yards and 150 TD's. His is 4th all-time in rushing yardage, but Morris is aging quickly, and possibly too quickly for Pittsburgh who is going through a major youth movement.

Pittsburgh QB Rickey Foggie has retired, and QB Graham Harrell has been dealt to Lexington, so this leaves the job up to either QB Pat White, QB Jerimiah Masoli, or rookie QB Charles McCullum. Pittsburgh is looking to see what an option-QB style offense will bring the team.
General Manager
Springfield Slayers