Nearly throwing the game away

League Updates & Information
pjohns
All-Pro

Nearly throwing the game away

Post by pjohns »

I cant believe I managed to cling onto a win over Dayton

I'm sure Fuentes and Bacon had put some major bets on Dayton to win the game, the amount of fumbles this pair had between them ! Must be a record for QB-HB fumbles in a game, 7 !!!

Ridiculous. Cant work out what offense to play at all, Bacon despite being one of the top rushers in the league rarely the last few weeks gets 20 or more carries. Then my leading receiver Reese has just one catch for 3 yards ! I keep trying new offenses every week but the results are the same. Arrghghghh ! Thank god for my record this year, one more win and its the playoffs but it could be tough

portland
All-Pro

Post by portland »

dude, the fact you're changing schemes every week could be your problem. the concensus is that it takes a few weeks for a team to settle into a new system. of course, i've been told this, and it seems like it could be true, but maybe it isn't? anyway, it's the advice i operate under.

Green Bay Bombers
All-Pro

WOWSERZ

Post by Green Bay Bombers »

I guess people do listen and heed? Joe is correct when he states that it takes weeks (sometimes seasons?) B4 any solid evidence can be mounted from PPPs. I have had great (?) success sticking with PPPs I'm comfortable with... I'm down with mine as far as plays-to-be-called. I build my team around my PPPs. One thing Ive discovered from my reasearch in this league is that aggessive gets me killed every time. While the occasional switch may be beneficial from time to time, it rarely payes off in the long run. Trouble is, figure out what I run, you can beat me! :roll:
the only time we fail is when we stop trying

pjohns
All-Pro

Post by pjohns »

I do totally agree and thats why its mostly my fault, just trying to find the right system though for my team.

Nearly every season i've always played with the default playbook as i'm a firm believer that you can win with that. (I won it all in my league with the default playbooks)

At the moment just trying to find out a way of getting Fuentes back to posting some decent numbers. I just hate it when i read the play by play and so often my WR1 catches 5 yard passes week in week out.

I shouldnt moan, i thought this would be another poor year but at 7-5 things must be going ok but i have to calm down on the playbooks !

Green Bay Bombers
All-Pro

That being said...

Post by Green Bay Bombers »

...I hope you don't find an answer this week! It's you and me. Good luck. Ought to be a screaming GAME OF THE WEEK! LET'S ROCK! :!:
the only time we fail is when we stop trying

pjohns
All-Pro

Post by pjohns »

Congrats for the win !!!

Very close run affair. I was happy to see one of the FPS Football bugs occur ! Normally on the last offensive play of the 3Q after a punt it always goes for a td !

I just knew when i scored with just under 2 minutes left in the game (Should have scored a td not a FG) that you were going to get that final drive in !!!

Your QB had that brilliant scramble on 4th down to help set up the tying FG to send the game into overtime. I think Fuentes must have an END problem as in the last few games he keeps fumbling the ball a ton.

The win for you practically killed off my playoff hopes as i dont think i can catch Dayton now (They play home in Week 14 i play away) and the wildcard spot seems out of reach now.

Heck of a game to read though and after limiting Vanterpool for most of the game he then scores on a td ! When Flowers left the game i felt good for overtime but your backup had that huge run ! Congrats