HARRIS COMES HOME

League Updates & Information
exit322
All-Pro

HARRIS COMES HOME

Post by exit322 »

"It was one of the dumbest things I've ever allowed as an owner in this league," said Steel Valley Smash owner Josh Stein. "Major Harris was this team's offense in 1999. When you look back at it, I should never have ever traded that guy. Our offense hasn't done anything since."

Major Harris found his way back to the Ohio River Valley this weekend, as the Mississippi Firedogs unloaded the veteran for the lofty price of an 8th round pick. "Truth be told, I'd of gone higher if I could have fixed this thing," said Stein. FIFL experts have long said that the Smash historical problems have been caused by the pre-2000 Harris-for-Josh Leudtke trade that sent this franchise into a freefall.

Since then, the Smash have had an ill-fated fire sale, and numerous trades that just can't get them over the hump.

Can a 40-year-old Major Harris lead the Smash to the promised land? "I know I'm not the starter here, this is Matt's team," said Harris. "It's nice to finally come back to Wheeling, where the fans are still the best in football. This place gets 3-4000 fans every night out, and the team hasn't done crap since I was here way back when. It'll be nice if I can just get a couple of series at the Civic Center (now named WesBanco Arena) just to get that electricity pumping back through my veins."

The Smash open up their 2008 campaign against one of Harris' former teams, the Lincoln Lightning, at WesBanco Arena. Tickets are going fast for Harris' return in the Green and Black, and start at $5.
Let the Mayhem begin!

Green Bay Bombers
All-Pro

ggeperz

Post by Green Bay Bombers »

we all figured he pulled an Emmit Smith?!? :o
the only time we fail is when we stop trying

exit322
All-Pro

Post by exit322 »

Though he probably does lead all FIFL QBs in rushing yardage...
Let the Mayhem begin!