offensive nuts league

League Updates & Information
KevinGMHON
All-Pro

offensive nuts league

Post by KevinGMHON »

:shock: man i have never been in a league where they keep punishing defences as much as this league. Remeber that offence only takes you so far and defence win you championships. I just hope that gm who try to build defeces and trade away off wont keep getting punished.

MY 2¢ :
Stand Back There's a Hurricane coming thru

Commish
Site Admin

Defense DOES win the big games - or atleast gets you there.

Post by Commish »

It's not keeping the defense down.. there are still plenty of low-scoring games in the league. I see problems when runningbacks average 1.0 yard a carry and catch 13 passes in a game.

Last Year Colorado was ranked #1 in rush defense, allowing only 783 yards (2.8) on the ground... no team was even close, Honolulu was second with 1048 (3.1). Colorado went on to the Championship and faced Louisiana who lead the league in rushing average (4.8) and was second in yardage (1804).

Dayton in 2004 was ranked #1 in rush defense, allowing 754 yards (2.7), and once again, nobody else was close (Mobile #2 with 1095 yards). Dayton was also ranked #3 in pass defense. Dayton finished the season with the best record @ 11-3, and lost in the American Conference championship.

I could go on, but it is late....

Commish
Site Admin

Post by Commish »

Stupid technology.... those damn smiley faces are because I put in numbers and brackets with decimal points....

sentence should say...

Last Year Colorado was ranked #1 in rush defense, allowing only 783 yards 2.8 on the ground... no team was even close, Honolulu was second with 1048 (3.1). Colorado went on to the Championship and faced Louisiana who lead the league in rushing average 4.8 and was second in yardage (1804).

Mike
All-Pro

Freedom to Defend?

Post by Mike »

Although I hate losing to kevin's D, I have to side with him on this one. Last season, at the end of the year, a bunch of HBs were in the top 20 in receiving. This year, there are none in the top 20! So, the field is stretched out, and the big receivers are raking in the catches. Yes, HBs are getting catches, as outlet passes when the WRs are covered. No, they aren't getting the yardage they did last year!

In this league, I just think WR-TE-HB1-QB1. Part of the challenge of playing against a good rush D is having to focus on your OL. Defeating Kevin at his best defence requires careful attention to OL. Maybe people would spend a lot more going after the #1 draft pick to draft Wesley Cates-type running backs. If I remember, a long time ago Dallas drafted RB Herschel Walker, then Minnesota traded a ton of players and draft picks for Walker! If a run-style offence is what you want, maybe you should have to pay a little more to get it... :)

In this league, there is such parity that we can avoid giving Kevin-type bastards :twisted: a stranglehold on defence. If you're not in his conference, you don't have to worry about it. If you're in his conference, rest assured his def. scheme requires good people at all positions...top 10 HBs and WRs can overcome his inabiltiy to filll all positions.

No one can accuse the commish of foul play, because he reduced defence at a time when his defence was the best in the league (in terms of yards given up). But...show me at time when the winning teams DIDN'T have great run D!

I am having so much fun in this league. I suggest any changes should be made at the end of the season, so that Kevin doesn't have to be such a big baby :shock: Perhaps at the end of the season you could decide upon some benchmarks for changes, and then post them on the website so everyone knows what's coming!
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

KevinGMHON
All-Pro

Post by KevinGMHON »

i cant belive im agreeing with mike too i think that it should be at teh beggining of teh season so that we know what comeing up and not be surprised by the move
Stand Back There's a Hurricane coming thru

Mike
All-Pro

Post by Mike »

You're agreeing with me because I'm smart. You should therefore agree with me more often :wink:
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner