Rochester lose a close one

Team Articles, Information and Rumors
pjohns
All-Pro

Rochester lose a close one

Post by pjohns »

All offseason there has been controversy about the decision to trade HB Wes Ours. Ours had a great first game for Albany but how did Charles Stackhouse do ?

Stackhouse played well for Rochester this week with 45 yards rushing on just 10 carries but was great in the passing game with 10 receptions for 119 yards.

However he made a major mistake late late in the game. Trailing 15-14 and with the ball on the Springfield 13 yard line with 20 seconds left the Raiders should have just ran the ball up the middle, spiked the ball and then kicked the winning FG. Instead a play was called for QB Albert Higgs to throw to Stackhouse, Stackhouse made the reception and ran 10 yards to the 3 yard line but sensationally fumbled the ball and Springfield recovered.

Stackhouse played well in the game but that fumble was a huge mistake, however why on earth did Rochester call a pass play instead of a run to set up the winning FG ? The Raiders GM and owner P.Johns will look into this as this playcalling cost them the game.

Overall Rochester played well keeping Leroy McFadden out of the game and playing well on short yardage plays. QB David Dinkins had a great game though and Rochester were terrible in the first half trailing 6-0 and QB Albert Higgs was looking his age. The second half he came alive though but 'stars' such as Mike Furrey and Rob Mager have to wake up in the passing attack as they both had very quiet games, Mager especially who had 0 catches in the first half as Springfield CB1 Dameon Porter had an All-FIFL game.

Ex-Raiders played well in Week 1, HB Wes Ours had a superb game with over 100 yards, QB Julian Reese played well in his teams surprise win over Portland and QB Shane Franzer put up huge figures in a loss to Fort Wayne.

Next up for Rochester is a do or die game against Connecticut and ex-Rochester QB Shane Franzer.

Mike
All-Pro

Post by Mike »

Many yards overall for the Stack.
Play call = showing off for the home fans.
Springfield DID have the #1 D overall (#1 vs. Rush, #7 vs Pass), so if you had a good offensive stat this game, the player's a gem!
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

KevinGMHON
All-Pro

Re: Rochester lose a close one

Post by KevinGMHON »

pjohns wrote:

Next up for Rochester is a do or die game against Connecticut and ex-Rochester QB Shane Franzer.

a must win game for rochester dont you think it a little early in teh season to say that
Stand Back There's a Hurricane coming thru

pjohns
All-Pro

Post by pjohns »

Well of course its early but if i'm 0-2 (plus one of those is a home loss) plus i'm behind Conn because of the tiebreaker i'm not of course out of the playoff race but i think my teams very solid in most areas so a 0-2 start would be disasterous for me.

pjohns
All-Pro

Post by pjohns »

The management and fans arent panicking yet but Rochester lost again this week and fall to 0-2.

They are only a game behind everyone else in their division and have played good football, the team is ranked 6th on offense and 2nd on defense yet are 0-2.

The main culprit this week was legend Albert Higgs who threw 2 interceptions in the space of two passes which changed the game from 14-14 to 28-14 at the half to Connecticut. Former Rochester QB Shane Franzer got revenge on his former team with a great win.

HB Charles Stackhouse played well again but refused to be drawn into a war of words against former starter Wes Ours who struggled mightily this week for Albany.

Rochester face Battle Creek who are also winless but have a draw at 0-1-1. Again its early in the season but Rochester badly need to win this, they are at home where they need to win their games and the Raiders will come out firing. WR Rob Mager spurred on by criticism last week after a very quiet day was superb this week with 11 catches for 165 yards and a td. Stackhouse had 171 total yards and is 3rd in the league in total yardage.

"We were criticised by one GM in particular about the trade of Ours" said GM Johns, "Its early days yet and theres a lot of games to be played but I'm very happy with what Stackhouse has done so far for us" he said with a slight smile.

Stackhouse leads all FIFL RB's in pass receptions and yardage but Rochester do want him to run the ball more.

Connecticut
All-Pro

Post by Connecticut »

Plain and simple, we were lucky.

Connecticut was outplayed the whole game, but in the 2nd quarter Connecticut CB Joey Flora came up with two interceptions in Rochester territory that led to quick TDs. Add to that a fumble recovery in the 2nd half that stopped a Raiders drive, and you've got an upset in the making!

Next week we pack our bags and head to Portland to face a hungry Prowlers team searching for their first win of the season.

<b>Go Coyotes!</b>
Rob
CT Coyotes
:o)

pjohns
All-Pro

Post by pjohns »

Well wouldnt say you were lucky, Franzer made some great completions on 3rd down. CB Joey Flora i'm sure used to be a Madison player who i traded ?

2 ints in one game is impressive, Higgs only threw 2 interceptions the whole of last year ! Both huge plays which you converted into touchdowns though.

Glad to see Shane Franzer still playing well and glad you took a shot on him, he was excellent last year and no one else wanted the wiley vet for a 4th round pick i think it was. He did very well for me for several seasons.

Still think my team has a lot of talent but just not making the plays to put teams away. My defense allowing that amount of points totally surprised me

Mike
All-Pro

Post by Mike »

Stack's yards are impressive...but Wes Ours was #6 overall with 98 points overall. Stack has 92 points to go... 7.9 pts/game in 12 games.

Yep on Higgs slipping. Old Man Higgs lost a brain cell...
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner