Connecticut staying alive

Team Articles, Information and Rumors
Connecticut
All-Pro

Connecticut staying alive

Post by Connecticut »

We needed a win this week and our defense (for the first time ever!) stepped up and delivered. 3 INTs, 4 sacks, and a safety. All three INTs led directly to TDs as 1 put us at their 21 yd line and the other two put us at their 2 yd line. FWS played a rough game, as can be seen from our post-game injury report. 6 of our players have new injuries and 1 will definitely not be playing next week.

We made a few more deals last week, bringing in some vets on both offense and defense. We hope they will contribute and help us earn a winning season!

Next week is huge, as we face division foes Rochester who have played much better than their record. Rochester runs the ball very well, and we don't do well vs the run at all so if we can keep them under 100yds on the ground I think we've got a chance for victory. A win will put us a .500 and one game out of the playoff race as Pitt and CHE face each other.

till next week ...
<b>GO COYOTES!</b>
Rob
:o)

pjohns
All-Pro

Post by pjohns »

It'll probably be a close game and i'll lose 27-23 as my team attempts an 18 yard FG as time expires ;)

My team is better than my record suggests but i am starting a fair few younger players at LB to see how they perform. The rest of my team are intact as i have young players in most positions.

Very disappointing season for me, lots of close losses, missed FG's. Apart from one drubbing from Chesapeake in Week 2, the last 5 games...

L 20-24
W 34-22
L 31-37 ot
L 24-27 ot
L 23-27

Had chances to win the last 3 games but hey i didnt and i'm 3-6. With 4 of my last 5 games away from home i wouldnt be surprised if i end up 4-10, very disappointing season as i feel i have a lot of talent on my team, just havent all performed.