Mayhem win opening game

Team Articles, Information and Rumors
exit322
All-Pro

Mayhem win opening game

Post by exit322 »

Let the Mayhem begin!

And it did on the team's first-ever kickoff return to open the game, as David Kircus gave the ball away to Battle Creek, leading to the first Crunch touchdown of the year.

But, unlike other Josh Stein-owned teams, the Mayhem didn't give up and call it a day early.

Chris Griesen came back with a 71-yard bomb to tie the game, and threw another touchdown pass later, finishing 13/24 for 256 yards and the two scores. David Arnold had 105 yards on four catches with the aforementioned touchdown.

Tony Collins, maligned as a guy who just wasn't good enough in the FIFL, ran for 63 tough yards and a pair of touchdowns, including a 1-yard dive after an 83-yard Arnold punt return.

Mayhem owner Josh Stein was very happy after the game. "It's always a 'one game at a time' thing with football, and given the games are so far apart, it has to be. But I can tell you after being slated to be the worst team in the FIFL, getting a win to start things was nice. There are things to work on and our coaches will do that, but we can enjoy this for a minute or two, at least."

Marion will travel to Fort Wayne in Week 2. The Safari lost 31-21 to defending conference champs Rochester in Week 1.
Let the Mayhem begin!

pjohns
All-Pro

Post by pjohns »

Nice win for you, still not a fan of Tony Collins though. Call me old fashioned but i just think a HB has to have 90 ST in the league. BUT its great to see different ways people run their teams.

exit322
All-Pro

Post by exit322 »

Yeah, my run game is abysmal. But this is the team I've got - I figure I need to sit back and see what we do over a full season before I know what we're going to be able to fix.
Let the Mayhem begin!