Gary Porter

Post players available for trade here
Peoria
All-Pro

Gary Porter

Post by Peoria »

I'm looking for somebody to take Gary Porter and start him next season. I want to start Aaron Garcia, for personal reasons, but Porter is still one of the premier quality QB's in the league. Yes he's old, but I bet he'll do better then 75% of the starters out there.

In terms of his stats this year, part of the issue with his numbers is my fault, I used a screwy offense for a good part of the year that didn't match up with Porter well. You can see the difference in the last few games when I switched back to a more appropriate offense. I'm absolutely positive that if I had stuck with my traditional plans, he would've been one of the top 3 QB's in TD's and rating again this year. I also didn't start him in 2 of the games, that was part of the issue as well ;).

Anyway, I'm only interested in talking with teams that will START him so that he can build up his career stats while he's still very productive. I'm sure that under the appropriate game plan, he'll be a 20 TD producer again.

Thanks and I hope somebody will take the opportunity to improve their passing game. Nothing beats a proven performer.
Ian Verhaegen
G.M.
Peoria Pirates