Trade that didn't happen

Post players available for trade here
Mike
All-Pro

Trade that didn't happen

Post by Mike »

What is your trade that didn't happen...without naming names of teams or players on the teams...

FWS had no first round pick, but wanted HB Irons. It offered to a team with a high Rnd 1 pick a conditional trade if Irons was available. The Trade was a 1st round next year PLUS CB Unertl. If the trade had happened, Irons would have been with FWS.

Irons was drafted 8th overall (HON).
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

JH-Tide
Seasoned-Veteran

Post by JH-Tide »

A team (whose identity shall remain anonymous) offered the entire FWS roster to a local convenience store clerk in return for a Slim Jim and a half-eaten burrito said clerk was attempting to scrape off of the potato chip rack. The clerk replied that the Safari's roster wasn't worth a #&*%^ of a *&$@$% &*!#@.

Now, yours truly is uncertain what "#&*%^" or "*&$@$%" or "&*!#@" even mean, but anything spelled in weird symbols probably can't be good.

Rumors are circulating, however, that the clerk is favorably considering a revamped proposal to swap Fort Wayne's roster for a previously owned pack of Stride Mystery gum and said burrito remnant.

pjohns
All-Pro

Re: Trade that didn't happen

Post by pjohns »

Mike wrote:What is your trade that didn't happen...without naming names of teams or players on the teams...

FWS had no first round pick, but wanted HB Irons. It offered to a team with a high Rnd 1 pick a conditional trade if Irons was available. The Trade was a 1st round next year PLUS CB Unertl. If the trade had happened, Irons would have been with FWS.

Irons was drafted 8th overall (HON).
Hey i dont mind being named !

It was a great deal dont get me wrong but i had my heart set on a young defensive player so the deal had to be superb. I wasnt keen on Unertl as hes a veteran so thats why i thought i would ask for a lot (as i know you dont normally keep hold of draft picks) so i was gambling you would want to give a ton to get that pick.

I was surprised Gattis went before me as i was sure he was going to drop to me, i'm happy with CB Jimmy Williams (apart from his poor DI) but after a camp or two his speed should be good enough to see some action.

I like trading picks but love keeping hold of 1st rounders so thats why i wanted a lot for it.

Mike
All-Pro

Post by Mike »

Sheesh! Someone is upset. I was simply discussing an alternative history, not complaining. I am happy with my team without Irons, but it may have been stronger with Irons over time. :)
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner