Time For Rickie Foggie To Retire

Self-Explanatory
Mike
All-Pro

Time For Rickie Foggie To Retire

Post by Mike »

Pittsburgh (AP)- Folks here in Steeltown just don't have the patience QB Foggie experienced when the team was in Mississippi. They want a winner. Yesterday. And Foggie has the whole responsibility put on his shoulders by the fans.

Foggie has to be respected. #9 all-time passer in the league in terms of rating, Foggie has often brought a contender to the field. This year he is 3rd in passing, and his team is a respectable 3-4, one game out of a tie for first place in the division. The Gladiators have cut through opposing defences and are #2 in yardage and #5 in points. The defensive shield of the Gladiators has repelled many thursts by their opponents, and remain a respectable 7th in points given up. HB Morris is chewing up the football arena, and the team is 3rd in first downs.

However, like all fans and spectators in all arenas throughout history, there is a bloodlust. No mercy should be spared. No mercy. But, that is what the Gladiators have failed to do: put their opponents to the sword and revel in the glory of their entrails covering their swords and helmets!

The Pittsburgh Gladiators must realize that their defensive backs are little more than squires, and as such are susceptible to air attacks from both long bombs and arrows. It is therefore up to someone else to lead this team to victory, a true hero of the arena, who, when the crowd yells for blood, can get the job done. It is up to none other than the great Ricky Foggie....or else the crowds will turn thumbs down on him and yell "finish him" to this player that led his team to an amazing 373 points in 2011.
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

pjohns
All-Pro

Post by pjohns »

Time for Foggie to retire ?

Offense 2nd overall, Foggie 3rd in the league in QB rating, 2nd in touchdown passes, no ints. Having one of his best seasons yet.

The defense is ranked 16th, 5th against the run but last against the pass. Its good GM's are loyal as S Wayne Wade is a great one and the all time leading tackler but i think hes hurting their defense, hes got 40 tackles in 7 games and is doing well tackle wise but his 80 speed (lowest in the league amongst all starting DB's) is no coincidence that the pass defense is also the worst in the league.

Foggies still playing at a high level but sadly Wade who was cut last year and no one else bar Pittsburgh wanted him should hang up the shoulder pads asap.

Mike
All-Pro

Post by Mike »

Foggie gets a chance to strike back at FWS this upcoming week. FWS has the #1 Rush D in yards, so it looks like Foggie will have to carry the load against FWS' 8th-ranked pass D.

Will Foggie light the way in the Gladiators' house? Or will the Gladiator's ship crash against the rocks in the Fog?
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

Mike
All-Pro

Post by Mike »

Despite the PIT Gladiators being beaten in most stats, Foggie threw and 80-yard TD in OT to defeat the Safari.

Accccck! :evil:
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

pjohns
All-Pro

Post by pjohns »

Ha ha ! Serves you right !

Mike
All-Pro

Post by Mike »

Well...I guess I can always rely on my Stackhouse prediction...ROC did not beat FWS a couple of weeks ago...

:twisted:
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

pjohns
All-Pro

Post by pjohns »

Mike wrote:Well...I guess I can always rely on my Stackhouse prediction...ROC did not beat FWS a couple of weeks ago...

:twisted:
Was very very close though, my team messed up at the end of regulation, should have got a td.

Lets look at your other prediction about switching my HB's....

Charles Stackhouse, 7th in the league in total yards
Wes Ours 24th

Plus because of the trade i have a young backup in Harold Shaw who has potential. As much as i really like Ours i had to make the trade for my team and its worked out. But the original trade with you was superb, just a shame to see Odesta Shannon constantly keep the bench warm

Mike
All-Pro

Post by Mike »

Uh-oh. PIT won in OT earlier this season. Now FWS, after trashing Foggie, must face him in the postseason. FWS has a history of giving up the deep ball to lose the game (See LOU and I think POR) in the playoffs at home...uhoh.
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

Mike
All-Pro

Post by Mike »

Dammit.
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

Mike
All-Pro

Post by Mike »

One Trash Talk of Foggie, and PIT starts winning postseason games!

On second thought, Foggie is the best QB to ever play the game. :D
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner