Waiting Heavy on Riverhawks

Self-Explanatory

Will FWS make a strong enough push for the division?

Yes, but won't be enough to win it.
No votes
Yes, and they will go to the playoffs
20%
Dream on Safari Suckas
40%
No, but at least they aren't Honolulu!
40%

Total votes: 5

Mike
All-Pro

Waiting Heavy on Riverhawks

Post by Mike »

Nashville (AP) - April 14, 2017 The waiting for the visiting conference champs Fort Wayne has been quite heavy for the Tennessee Riverhawks, ever since the Commish declared a National State of Emergency over flooding in the Mississippi. (The Commish obtained this power in 2013 after Americans became frustrated with both failed Bush and Obama administrations, and named David Harwood 'Commish of the U.S.A. for life', but I digress).

TEN doesn't know how the Safari will hit them. Each day in the press another Safari states how the gameplan will favour his particular talents. The WR corps, arguably quite equal, seemingly has five wide receivers playing WR1, depending on which WR you listen to. HB Shannon and Coleman in a joint news conference got into a shoving match reminiscent of news conferences with boxers right before a match. DE Crable tolerated youngster DE Bryant's challenge to start, until Bryan talked about 'yo' mama' and Crable slammed him through a locker door. And, of course, K Zendajas and K Vanderjagt both claim they will 'kick Riverhawk ass!' when the State of Emergency lifts.

No one knows how exactly the Safari will beat the Riverhawks. Will it be because the Riverhawks are 13th in scoring defence? 15th in rushing? 14th in turnovers? 17th in pass D rating (only 2 teams gave up more passing TDs this year)? Last in interceptions? 16th in sacks against?

The list goes on....and so does the stress for the Riverhawks. Remember how they let the last season slip away and missed the playoffs.... :D
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

Connecticut
All-Pro

Post by Connecticut »

I voted no. In order for FWS to win the division, they need to win out. They already lost once to Tenn this year, 24-13. So with 3 games left, FWS must either win all 3 and Tenn lose all 3, or win 2 and Tenn lose 2 and beat Tenn this week by more than 11 points.

Then, to make things more complicated, bring in Battle Creek who is currently tied with FWS but beat FWS earlier in the season. The rematch will be AT Battle Creek the last game of the season.

I don't think its in the cards for the Safari to take the division. Not to mention, Tenn's last two games are AT Albany and home vs Green Bay. Those two teams aren't fluff teams, but they certainly aren't Ches/Spr/Pitt/Port type of teams. I'll say Tenn will win 2 of their last 3 to take the division.

Rob
Connecticut
:o)

Mike
All-Pro

Post by Mike »

Rob (CON), this is the 'Trash Talk' section, not the 'pansie talk' section. Go hard or go home! :?
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

pjohns
All-Pro

Post by pjohns »

I wouldnt call it trash talk, i would call it 'never gonna happen' talk !

Fort Wayne are 2 games behind Tenn, Tenn at 4-1 at home , Fort Wayne 1-5 on the road. Only 3 games left !

I cant see it happening. Tenn 7th in the power rankings, Fort Wayne 13th.

I would trash talk if you have a better record or the same, 2 games behind with 3 left to play, i cant see you winning.

KevinGMHON
All-Pro

Post by KevinGMHON »

i dont think he will make teh playoffs but then again mobile won the last 3 games of the seaon to make the playoffs witha 6-8 record so stranger things have happend
Stand Back There's a Hurricane coming thru

Connecticut
All-Pro

Post by Connecticut »

Mike wrote:Rob (CON), this is the 'Trash Talk' section, not the 'pansie talk' section. Go hard or go home! :?
my bad. Aint no way in the world those chokers from Wort Fayne make the playoffs this year. They only stepped up ONE game this season, and that was week 2. Since then they've gotten SPANKED at home vs Tenn, SPANKED at home vs Springfield, SPANKED on the road vs Connecticut, and last week the pretenders got SPANKED at Green Bay; yup the team with the WORSE rated QB in the league threw for 14/19 and over 200 yds with no interceptions vs the supposed defensively talented Safari.

So bend over, Wort Fayne, cuz this week u're gonna get SPANKED on the road against Tennessee!

Rob
Connecticut
:o)