Halp! Girlfriend wants into my buddy's apartment

Anything non-FIFL related goes here
Mike
All-Pro

Halp! Girlfriend wants into my buddy's apartment

Post by Mike »

Sticky situation, guys. A friend of mine has a new girl for about 4-6 weeks (don't know exactly sure). We are decent friends.

I have a key to his apartment (same building as mine) for emergency purposes. He wants me to water his plant & get his mail as he is on vacation.

Fine. But now, his new girl wants into his apartment just before he returns so she can surprise him. She was REALLY pushy, even grabbing my arm to convince me how important it was. I said no...if he wanted her into his apartment he would have given her the key! I did offer to be a postman...drop whatever she wanted to inside the apartment in a nice way.

She's upset with me. On top of that, another female friend is taking her side, saying it's nothing to let her in. Her boyfriend, behind her, nodded 'no don't do it', but didn't say anything.

So, I'm thinking of telling her 'look your boyfriend is a guy who needs his space. He needs a place that he can say 'here is a place away from my girlfriend where I can think in peace about our relationship and make the BEST decisions".

Any advice?
Mike
FWS :shock:
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

Green Bay Bombers
All-Pro

Post by Green Bay Bombers »

tell the bitch to get fucked... and NOT by you. That play is as old as Methusalh... DON'T let her NEAR the place dude! WAR! MANY DEATHS! BAD JUJU! The owner of the apartment reserves the right to decide. CHILLY WIILIES... bbbaaaaDDDDD situation Mike, bad time...

Commish
Site Admin

Don't let her in

Post by Commish »

I would never trust a French woman, nor a Canadian woman, so that's 2 strikes against her. Don't let her in.. she probably want's to steal all of his 'Kids in the Hall' DVD's and drink all his Labat Blue!!!

More seriously, she is trying to snoop deeper into his personal life. Don't let her.

Peoria
All-Pro

Simple...not really debatable

Post by Peoria »

It's a trust factor here. Your friend trusted you to take care of his place. He didn't ask her. If she had a history of being over there without him being there, then no big deal, but it appears as if she doesn't. Your friend may be upset with you if you let her in, but he'll understand if you don't, even if he would've been ok with you letting her in...BUT if you let her in and he's not happy with that...he'll lose trust in you.

Look out for #1...this is you, and in this case, the best case scenario for you is to keep her out.

As long as you explain it to her in a nice way..."Sorry, he trusts me to take care of his stuff and I don't wanna break that trust, even for something as potentially cool as what you are planning." and if she doesn't understand, then too bad, but you did what you needed to AND can't even be faulted for being mean about it...just matter of fact.
Ian Verhaegen
G.M.
Peoria Pirates

exit322
All-Pro

Post by exit322 »

Certainly "NO!"

Maybe if they had been dating for a year or two, that would make sense. But just a few weeks? Good lord.
Let the Mayhem begin!