Favre To Last Whole Year with Jets?

Anything non-FIFL related goes here
Mike
All-Pro

Favre To Last Whole Year with Jets?

Post by Mike »

The aging Favre might not finish the season. The Jets gave up the 4th- most sacks last season (53). Green Bay gave up just 17 last year. Jets had 60.5% completion, Green Bay 66%. Maybe the Jets O-Line might just make Favre wish he was still retired, and Pennington will finally get some respect.
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

pjohns
All-Pro

Post by pjohns »

I cant stand all the people having a dig at Favre.

Heard it all years ago when Joe Montana wanted to keep on playing and everyone said he was 'past it' etc.

Brett Favre the last 16 years has played behind some pretty average o-lines. He was bad in 2006 because his RB's got injured and they were down to i think it was the 3rd string RB. With no rushing attack teams keyed on Favre and the passing attack and he had a bad year.

Last year he threw for over 4000 yards, 25+ td's, had a great year. I'm glad he didnt retire and wants to come back.

Pennington i think is a very average passer, when healthy hes decent but i'm not surprised the Jets gave up on Pennington and kept Clemens around instead.

Granted the Jets line isnt great, thats why they signed Alan Faneca who should really help the line.

Mike
All-Pro

Post by Mike »

This guy is making millions playing a GAME! He used dirty tricks to get out of his contractual obligations to Green Bay. He broke his word. He's a boy without integrity.
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

JH-Tide
Seasoned-Veteran

Post by JH-Tide »

I was a Favre fanboi pretty much since Atlanta drafted him. I think he got into one game, which was disastrous (no completions with an INT as I recall), and when the cameras caught him after the game all he could do was laugh and say he'd probably be cut before he got back to his locker.

The last 2 or 3 years, though, I've soured on him a bit because he's refused to commit to anything before the drafts so the team could prepare, and this season, when they finally told hm "Dude, stay as long as you like, but you gotta tell us!" he chose to bail. I don't fault him for wanting to come back, but the way he handled the whole situation was simply ridiculous. He should have bowed, accepted the $12M to hold a clipboard for the first 2 weeks, then taken over when Rodgers struggled or got hurt.

Now he's a Jet? Jeebus.