Happy Start-of-the-NFL-Season to all!

Anything non-FIFL related goes here
Fargo Freeze
Veteran

Happy Start-of-the-NFL-Season to all!

Post by Fargo Freeze »

I love this time of year, as the weather starts to cool and the sound of pads crack. Between the FIFL, 2 Pick'em, 2 Survival and my 8 fantasy NFL teams, I am pretty busy!

Anyone else into other Fantasy leagues?
Freeze Record:
Pre-Murphy Regime Takeover (4 seasons): 21-34-1 (.384)
Post-Murphy Regime Takeover (4 seasons): 27-29 (.482)

Commish
Site Admin

Personal opinion

Post by Commish »

Man... Come on, 2 pick'ems??? You should have 1 set of picks. All you need is 1 of each!!!

One favorite football team, one favorite drink, etc....

...but yes, glad to see NFL back. Steelers 24, Raiders 21 Thank you very much.

TC
All-Pro

Post by TC »

This is definitely the best time of the year!

Man, I thought I had a lot of fantasy football teams (3), but John has bested me! :)

I'm in another FBPro league, other than the FIFL of course, that also keeps the need for football fed especially during the offseason.

My Fins lost to the Titans...got a feeling that I'll be saying they lost quite a bit this year!

-TC
General Manager
Springfield Slayers

Fargo Freeze
Veteran

good week for fantasy

Post by Fargo Freeze »

I have 2 yahoo accounts and they allow 4 teams each so its pretty easy to have 8 teams. I usually only have only 1 pickem, I just wanted to try experimenting with toss up games this season.

I had a pretty good week. On two of my fantasy teams, I have both T.O and D-Mac. Thats 51 points from two players!!!!

I also have Priest on one of those teams!

102 points total for that one team for the day.

Wildest stat: Jerome Bettis. 5 carries, 1 yard, 3 TDs.

whoooo hooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,
Freeze Record:

Peoria
All-Pro

Fantasy Heaven

Post by Peoria »

Nothing beats fantasy football. I love watching the games and teams I care nothing about just to see if my beloved 3rd receiver will miraculously pick up that touchdown I need to eek out a win over my rival.

I'm definately not in John's league though. I have FIFL, 1 fantasy team with friends and 1 'market' style fantasy team on Sporting News. For some reason I'm liking the market style game. I did it last year and had a good enough time to do it again.
Ian Verhaegen
G.M.
Peoria Pirates

TC
All-Pro

Post by TC »

So, how did everyone do in their fantasy football leagues? I made the playoffs in all 3 but didn't quite make it to the big game...

-TC

Peoria
All-Pro

#$%@

Post by Peoria »

Well I think '#$@&' about covers my fantasy team performances this year. In my main league, I got trounced pretty good, but for some reason the excitement for that league went out the door. People seemed to be just 'going through the motions' this year. No email, not taunting, no communication of any kind pretty much. Not sure if the league will happen again next year. Maybe it just needs some new blood....

In my 'market style' league I somehow managed to actually lose total value on my team where my end roster was worth less the the starting cash they give you at the beginning of the year. I think doing that badly takes actual talent.
Ian Verhaegen
G.M.
Peoria Pirates

Fargo Freeze
Veteran

Fantasy football finishes

Post by Fargo Freeze »

Well of my 8 teams:

7 made the playoffs

of the 7:
3 finished in 3rd place
2 finished in 2nd place
1 took home the trophy

I stunk up the field on my Survival league, and I made the top 10% on my main pick'em league (I didn't play a couple of weeks on the second team).
Freeze Record: