FIFL REWIND - 2015 Week Two

Weekly predictions and previews from the 'experts'
TC
All-Pro

FIFL REWIND - 2015 Week Two

Post by TC »

Welcome to the second edition of the Rewind!

Come on...fess up. How many of you really didn't expect to see one for Week 2?

I'm committed to doing this each and every week...it even made it into my N** Year's resolutions. Seriously...and the way things are going, it may be the only one I actually keep.

But, enough about me...let's talk about the FIFL.

The season Net Average for the Springfield punter. Can someone on the Slayers' special teams *resolve* to tackle the @#!*&#! return guy please?!

Don't Call It A Comeback...
So far, new Coyotes QB Shane Franzer is knocking out the doubters. Franzer has a 120.8 QB rating (4th overall) and leads the league with 5 TD passes, to go along with 0 interceptions.

Flowers vs. Stone Redux
In their first direct matchup since last season, Pirates HB Little John Flowers had 183 total yards, including 99 yards receiving, and 1 TD (rushing). Lexington WR Marvin Stone had 2 catches for 39 yards. Oh, and 31 total return yards...sorry.

Okay, I promise this is the last time I say that Flowers should have been ROTY in 2014. Seriously...maybe.

Aside - The word 'new' was not used in this week's column...\aside

Kicker gets the boot
After missing field goals from 23 & 36 yards (either of which would have sealed the victory for Springfield), Kenny Stucker was released by the Slayers. He leaves the team as the all-time leading scorer for Springfield and currently ranks 8th overall.

Bang for the buck
Besides the great value of this column each week, FIFL fans got their money's worth in Week 2...3 OT games. It's probably happened more times than you think...a total of 9 times, including twice in the 2012 season and 3 times in 2014.

But, the most OT games ever in 1 week? 4 in Week 14 of the 2009 season. For details on the 3 OT weeks, check it out below.

Weeks with 3 OT games:
Wk 1 2003
Wk 7 2009
Wk 12 2010
Wk 9 2011
Wk 8 2012
Wk 14 2012
Wk 1 2014
Wk 4 2014
Wk 14 2014

"Be kind, please REWIND."

Until next week,
TC

pjohns
All-Pro

Post by pjohns »

I'm happy for Shane Franzer. Very good QB for me, no one was really interested apart from Conn. I know Franzer is a veteran but hes a very good one and hes off to a great start