Fourcade Back At the Helm

Weekly predictions and previews from the 'experts'
Mike
All-Pro

Fourcade Back At the Helm

Post by Mike »

After being benched for the Polish Wonder QB Palawski, QB Fourcade is back at the helm of a Safari franchise struggling to regain its former dominance. Two years ago, FWS were Gold Cup Champions. Last year FWS barely missed the playoffs, and this year might get in due to what other teams are doing more than what FWS is doing.

QB Palawski was clearly disappointed but not dismayed. "It's tough, but it's a team game." he said. "I saw WR Willis step aside for Shakes when he was here, and now Willis is back at WR1 and he is dominating the league. I'm happy with the playing time I had, I'm happy with my productivity that lifted the team (Palawski's 8TD and 113 rating was higher than Fourcade's output). But, I also made mistakes that I have to work on. But, hey, at least I'm not playing for Honolulu!"

Palawski's mistakes included two turnovers in the first quarter, that the mightly TEN Riverhawks jumped on to gain 14 points. As the FWS puts its sights on the offseason, it has decided to go with the more conservative Fourcade to manage the game, rather than the free spirit of Palawski.

"Without him, we wouldn't be thinking playoffs" said Fourcade. "Now, I think I'm in to deal with the high pressure situations. He has the excitement of youth. But, I'll swallow the ball and take the sack while he will more likely throw an interception or take a huge hit. I'm not a better QB, especially at my age, but the time has come for caution. And, whatever happens, at least I'm not playing for Honolulu!"

More than that, it seems like the coach is sending a message to the players. It is a team game. And if they are to win it all, it will not be because these two fine QBs are winning the game. It will because of others stepping up, at any and all positions. If they don't, well, they can go play for Honolulu.
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner