FIFL Rewind - 2017 Week 1/2 combo

Weekly predictions and previews from the 'experts'
TC
All-Pro

Post by TC »

The return of the "Rewind", although no promises that it will happen each week. We all know how that worked out last time I said it...

For those of you that are new to the league, the "Rewind" is a look back at the week that was in the FIFL.

The 2017 season is off to a fast and furious start, so let's put the pedal to the metal:

The rating for Bombers QB Adrian McPherson in the first 2 games of the season. The phones for the agents of QBs Ragsdale and Arceneaux may be ringing this week...

Free cart rides
Is it me or are there more (in a numerical sense) significant injuries this year as opposed to previous seasons? 3 "O-9" injuries in the first 2 weeks and a rash of "Q-2" and "Q-3" aches and pains.

Hope for 0-2
Both Rochester and Portland started 0-2 last year and hosted first round playoff games. Rochester (team still in Madision) also started 0-2 in 2013 and made it to the first round of the playoffs.

Name changes?
With a few NFL players changing their names, although ill-advised, maybe we'll see the same trend in the FIFL. I'd like to propose that Marvin Stone and Little John Flowers change names.

Little John Flowers --> John Stone
Marvin Stone --> Little Marvin Flowers

I think those names would fit the players' on-field performances better.

Aside: I promise that this IS the last time I bring up the 2014 ROTY fiasco. \aside That is, unless an unnamed team continues to send gifts to the Rewind staff.

Crunchiness
The new GM for Battle Creek has made a flurry of roster moves since taking the reins right before training camp. Of course it's still early, but so far the additions of TE Warren from Tennessee and QB Bellisari from Honolulu have paid nice dividends.

"Be kind, please REWIND."

Until next time,
TC

Connecticut
All-Pro

Post by Connecticut »

great writeup TC! fun to read

Rob
:o)

Peoria
All-Pro

Post by Peoria »

There is NO WAY that Little John Flowers will be changing his name. I mean how can I? It's just too funny when the other team gets run all over by a guy named Little John Flowers.

How humiliating for them.
Ian Verhaegen
G.M.
Peoria Pirates

Mike
All-Pro

Post by Mike »

good writeup.
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

Niki
Practice Squad

Re: FIFL Rewind - 2017 Week 1/2 combo

Post by Niki »

TC wrote:Crunchiness
The new GM for Battle Creek has made a flurry of roster moves since taking the reins right before training camp. Of course it's still early, but so far the additions of TE Warren from Tennessee and QB Bellisari from Honolulu have paid nice dividends

and I am still not happy! My pass offense was good in week 1 & 2. My rush attack (well maybe attack is not the correct word at the moment) has improved. Pass defense was okay in week 2. I think more trades will follow to improve my defense.