Honolulu Hurricanes Poised to Take Gold Cup

Weekly predictions and previews from the 'experts'
Mike
All-Pro

Honolulu Hurricanes Poised to Take Gold Cup

Post by Mike »

Honolulu (AP)- The Hurricanes, who barely missed the playoffs last year, are being overlooked. They have the team to go all the way this year. Here's why:

GM Kevin Fillman, despite the defensive training reductions, is all about defence. The Hurricanes can keep the score down, giving the offence a chance. DE Payton, LB Williams and a vaunted DB corps will shut down opponents.

On Offence, a top-notch QB has raised the offence higher. HB Cates will finally win a title that has been missing, as he runs behind a decent OL.
WR Benjamin is a pleasant surprise, and Shephard is good. Hillery was a good pickup. TE Kallfez is ready to step it up.

My prediction is that the Hurricanes will take their division, then win some close playoff games, beating FWS 24-17 in the 2018 Gold Cup. Finally, Kevin Fillman will have the Gold Cup to eat his breakfast Hawaiian pineapple from! :D
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

Mike
All-Pro

Post by Mike »

I still stand by that prediction.

Playoff teams:

FWS
PIT (Gold Cup appearance)
CON
TEN

HON,
POR (Again???)
SPR
PEO
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

Connecticut
All-Pro

that'd be awesome

Post by Connecticut »

This must be the first year we've been picked to make the post season at the beginning of the year! Connecticut would be happy to make the playoffs again. We feel we have a good chance for the following reasons:

1) QB Franzer - he's been great for the past few years wearing a Coyote jersey, and the 13 year vet is back to lead us again!

2) HB Stackhouse - coming off back-2-back 1,000+ yard seasons, lets see if the CT Coyote staff can come up with a gameplan that will utilize him.

3) OL - talented

4) depth - except for QB, we feel we have really good depth at every position on our roster!

Our defense is what could hurt us. We haven't been able to find a good gameplan that works. However, at the end of last season we were happy with a new plan so we'll carry that over and see what it does for us this year.

Good luck to everyone, and thanks David for getting the league going again!
<b>GO COYOTES!</b>
Rob
:o)

Mike
All-Pro

Post by Mike »

Honolulu sucks! THey are ruining my prognostication reputation! I picked them to go all the way, and they disappoint me! They let me down! They are starting to come around, but it's time for me to go into their locker room, and throw the Gatorade drink dispenser over and then place it over K Huerta's head! Huerta is #8 all-time with 75% kicking now is #18 in kicking this year with a 54% percentage!

can we put this into trash talk?
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner