No votes
FWS will teach ROC QB Quincy Carter a lesson
100%

Total votes: 1

Mike
All-Pro

Triumph of Passing vs. Shutdown D

Post by Mike »

ROC travels to FWS in a fantastic showdown. The Raider's 7th ranked passing attack has the best percentage completion in the league (71.8). No team had more than the Raider's 203 passing first downs. It is the # 2 passing team in yards. Isn't that what the FIFL dream team is all about?

FWS has an answer...of sorts. The best Pass d (yards) in the league. The best pass defence (rating against) in the league. Only 7 TDs given up in the air, contributing to the overall best D in the league (points). But, the key is FWS' pass rush attack with a league-high 72 sacks (about 5/game).

Will that be enough? ROC does have the 5th best pass D. However, G Matt DeRoche, 12th overall pick in 2011, is too injured to play.

The line is FWS by a few. But the game within a game matches a firepower offensive passing attack (2nd best in yards last week) against a pass defence (opponent = 83 rating last week) that knows it is the key to FWS' chances for a Gold Cup.
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

pjohns
All-Pro

Post by pjohns »

Cant seem me winning this due to being away. My rushing game is very hot/cold and needs work but Quincy Carter who was nearly benched a month ago has gone 4-0 and has played well.

Glad i just made the playoffs but until i get my rushing game sorted i cant see me doing much in the playoffs

BUT saying that anything can happen so who knows

Mike
All-Pro

Post by Mike »

Won't even vote for his own team! The Brits have lost their spine, and that may lower the morale of the players! :lol:

Seriously, I always thought the ROC team was (censored) as it allowed for (censored by FWS strategic coaching group).
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner