TC's 2019 Mock Draft - Part I (Picks 1-4)

Weekly predictions and previews from the 'experts'
TC
All-Pro

TC's 2019 Mock Draft - Part I (Picks 1-4)

Post by TC »

With all of the excitement of the NFL Draft in the air and with perfect timing by the Commish for the FIFL Draft this weekend, I thought I'd try my hand at a mock draft for the league.

I'll be posting the mock draft in parts leading up to Sunday's draft. Here's the first post which details the first 4 picks.

Please feel free to post your own predictions, comments, disagreements, etc.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TC’s MOCK DRAFT – 2019 FIFL Season

1. ALBANY: DE Erasmus James
Rationale: The Albany defense was last in the league in 2018 against the run and 16th in the league in sacks against their opponents. DE Dan Rumishek retired after 9 seasons which only leaves 2 defensive ends on the roster, and in my opinion neither are true starters. DE Fitch has some potential, but is definitely not there at the present time.

2. PEORIA: OT Charles Spencer
Rationale: The Pirates need a young Tackle to develop quickly since the youngest OT on their roster currently is in his 8th season. Spencer doesn’t meet the quirky name requirements for Ian, so I have an ‘escape clause’ should Spencer not be selected by Peoria.

3. ROCHESTER (from Everett): S Josh Gattis
Rationale: Rochester must have their sights set on a specific player to make the move up to the 3rd overall slot. The Raiders were 15th in pass defense in 2018 and need an infusion of young talent to their aging DB corps, specifically at the safety position.

4. BATTLE CREEK: DT Claude Wroten
Rationale: Although the Crunch could use a featured back, rookies don’t typically become immediate starters at the HB position in this league, with exceptions of course. All of the 2018 playoff teams were ranked in the Top 10 in rushing offense, so you have to be able to stop the run for a shot at the championship. Battle Creek has 2 good defensive tackles currently, but they have no depth at the position and injuries are bound to happen at some point during the season to this group of players.
Last edited by TC on Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Albany_Bob
Practice Squad

Post by Albany_Bob »

Can't speak for the others, but you are 100% correct one the round 1 Albany pick.

TC
All-Pro

Post by TC »

Albany_Bob wrote:Can't speak for the others, but you are 100% correct one the round 1 Albany pick.
Thanks for the reply Bob! Good to know that I'll at least be 1 out of 17. :)

-TC
General Manager
Springfield Slayers