TC's 2019 Mock Draft - Part II (Picks 5-8)

Weekly predictions and previews from the 'experts'
TC
All-Pro

TC's 2019 Mock Draft - Part II (Picks 5-8)

Post by TC »

Here's the second installment of my 2019 mock draft, which covers the next four picks.

Please feel free to post your own predictions, comments, disagreements, etc.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. LEXINGTON: DE Dan Bazuin
Rationale: The Horsemen need a fullback, but the 8th overall pick is too high for this position in my opinion; although previous draft history has included 4 fullbacks drafted in the Top 10, ironically all at the 7th overall slot. With 3 defensive ends in their 8th season or longer, Lexington will draft a young DE to develop over the next couple of seasons.

6. PORTLAND: C Junius Coston
Rationale: Assuming Joe actually keeps this pick, the Prowlers O-line is one of the oldest in the league. The 2 centers on the current roster are in their 10th and 12th seasons and neither is a legitimate starter in my opinion, which is the reason Portland selects the best Center in the draft over the 2nd best offensive tackle (another area of need). Coston should also help improve the running game for Portland.

7. TENNESSEE: LB Boomer Ruud
Rationale: The Riverhawks are renowned for producing great LBs and their current players at this position are aging. Ruud will be able to listen and learn this season, but will be solid if forced to play due to injuries.

8. HONOLULU: S Dustin Fox
Rationale: Although there are an abundance of cornerbacks on the Hurricanes roster that could be shifted to safety, most are either veterans on their last run or younger players that just haven’t worked out for whatever reason. As a result, they select the best available safety to boost their secondary.

*edited on 4/25/10 due to changes in draft order
Last edited by TC on Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike
All-Pro

Post by Mike »

can't wait to see SPR's pick...
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

TC
All-Pro

Post by TC »

Mike wrote:can't wait to see SPR's pick...
I think you'll be surprised! ;)

-TC

JH-Tide
Seasoned-Veteran

Post by JH-Tide »

Can you beat first round kicker and punter?

TC
All-Pro

Post by TC »

JH-Tide wrote:Can you beat first round kicker and punter?
LOL, with one draft pick not likely...although maybe there should be a special rule that if you want to draft a kicker and a punter in the first round then you can get both with 1 pick? :P

Seriously though, it will not be a kicker or a punter.

-TC