TC's Take - Week 6

Weekly predictions and previews from the 'experts'
TC
All-Pro

TC's Take - Week 6

Post by TC »

TC’s TAKE – Week 6

*Note: Please send all complaints regarding the absence of a Week 5 Article to Colorado.

Here's my quick review of everything we saw in Week 6 of the 2007 FIFL season:

TC's Top 10

1. Portland (5-1) : A total team effort for the Prowlers.

2. Austin (4-2) : QB Garcia playing well for the Knights.

3. Mobile (4-1-1) : Loss of QB Brown hurts, but Strand is solid in debut. A total of 6 rushing attempts vs Austin?

4. Black Hills (4-2) : Machine return to top of division.

5. Colorado (3-3) : Wildcats come back to earth on the road against Black Hills.

6. Honolulu (3-3) : Defense will keep them competitive in every game.

7. Wichita (3-3) : How long until the ‘Curse of the Black Knight’ haunts them?

8. Dayton (3-3) : Definitive symptoms of Slayers Syndrome (W-L-W-L-W-L).

9. Louisiana (3-3) : I expected Shakes to be doing what Vanterpool is for the Beast.

10. Lincoln (3-3) : This is a scrappy team…just can’t kick them out of the Top 10 just yet.

Offensive Player of the Week

Slayers HB Brian Edmonds – 203 total yards from scrimmage including a 55-yard TD run. Springfield will certainly lean heavily upon Edmonds this week at Portland.

Honorable Mention : Black Hills HB Raphael Cooper – The first running back in FIFL history to reach 10,000 yards rushing.

Defensive Player of the Week

Lincoln DT Eddie Bynes – 8 tackles plus 5 sacks against the Warlords. This guy is wreaking havoc on offensive linemen.

Special Teams Player of the Week

Honolulu K Carlos Huerta – 6 for 6 on field goals, including 3/3 within 40-49 yards; scored all of the Hurricanes points in road victory over Dayton.

Next week

Wichita travels to Honolulu where they may depend on K Mike Black to score. Can the Smash continue their winning ways after exorcising some demons last week against Mississippi? Blake and Cates will duel it out in Billings. The Machine try to extend their division lead in frigid Fargo.
Game of the Week : The resurgent Beast head west to battle the Knights in Austin.
General Manager
Springfield Slayers

exit322
All-Pro

Post by exit322 »

Some demons? Try ALL demons.

Even with that win, the Smash are 1-9 against the Firedogs. Their real-life OV Greyhound counterparts were 1-1 against the Dogs (35-40 loss in 2001 Atlantic Conference title game, 69-9 win in 2002 regular season).
Let the Mayhem begin!

Peoria
All-Pro

Great report as always

Post by Peoria »

I love getting these reports! It's good to get an alternative perspective from the Commish. Love comparing lists and stuff. I love the 'special teams player of the week' An award that is very deserving to be recognised!
Ian Verhaegen
G.M.
Peoria Pirates

Mike
All-Pro

Post by Mike »

Yes, it is always good to see an area where Honolulu can actually win an award. Kind of like an affirmative action program just for Kevin! :lol:
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

TC
All-Pro

Post by TC »

exit322 wrote:Some demons? Try ALL demons.
Josh,

ALL demons??? In that case, what a huge win for you...CONGRATS! :)

Good luck vs Dayton this week...

-TC

TC
All-Pro

Re: Great report as always

Post by TC »

austin wrote:I love getting these reports! It's good to get an alternative perspective from the Commish. Love comparing lists and stuff. I love the 'special teams player of the week' An award that is very deserving to be recognised!
Hey Ian,

Thanks for the feedback! I thought we needed another persepective on the league, although I thought Jimmy would still be doing previews and we'd have one more.

It's difficult to be different with the Off and Def Players of the Week, but I have gone another direction a few times. But, the Special Teams POTW adds a little something to my take...glad to hear it has been well-liked.

Your Austin team reports are always a riot to read!! :lol:

-TC

exit322
All-Pro

Post by exit322 »

Well, i guess I am winless against four teams yet...Black Hills, Fargo, Colorado, Portland.

Of course, a lot of my wins against other franchises (Springfield, Lincoln, for example) were in 2001 when they were in the east and I was a good team.

Way back then, when we were all young pups.

God, I feel like the Browns.
Let the Mayhem begin!

Green Bay Bombers
All-Pro

I expected Shakes to be doing what Vanterpool is for the Be

Post by Green Bay Bombers »

Shakes is taking it all in this season... :arrow:
the only time we fail is when we stop trying

exit322
All-Pro

Post by exit322 »

Oh okay