Quick down and dirty this week...

Weekly predictions and previews from the 'experts'
Green Bay Bombers
All-Pro

Quick down and dirty this week...

Post by Green Bay Bombers »

Dateline baton Rouge: Lou Reed’s chills and spills are appropriate here: too many teams are bunched together to accurately predict overall winners for this season. MANY important games still to be played. Like:

GAME of THE WEEK! Portland (6-1) at Billings (4-3)
key matchups:

QB Monte Christo (11 TDs/1913 yds) vs. Portland pass D
HB Wesley Cates (596 yds/10 TDs) vs. Portland run D (3.6 rush avg)
DE James Beavers (8 sacks) vs. T Doug Van Meter
WR Khevin Pratt (45 rec/557 yds/4 TDs) vs. CB Pat McGuirk (1 INT)
QB Albert Higgs (10 TDs/1796 yds) vs. Billings pass D
HB Alvin Rettig (515 yds/4 TDs) vs. Billings run D (3.4 rush avg)
DE Joe March (8 sacks) vs. T Eglelagi Clarke
WR Russell Copeland (45 rec/627 yds/5 TDs) vs. CB Dwight Henry

prediction:

Portland 27, Billings 26

Perhaps no greater name appears on this list of key match ups than that of QB Monty Christo. This player has terrorized teams throughout his career. He has caused owners to bail (with SEVERE angry retorts!) and stalwart defenses to wander around in confusion after Texas and Billings games. Not to be undone, is the resurgent Prowlers QB Albert Higgs. Benched as a youngster when management had zero faith in him, he is poised to make a run at some of the longest standing records in the FIFL. His perfect parabolas to WR Russell Copeland are legendary. Give them a running game, a decent defense, watch them weave their magic. Copeland, if he stays healthy, will blow away all the records Rashaan Vanterpool and Anthony Payton worked so hard for to date. That makes him a football god. IF Billings plays ANY defense, this one is theirs. We don’t see that happening.

Make the Call? POR 25, BIL 22… POSSIBLE OT!

DON’T MISS THIS ONE! Austin (5-2) at Mississippi (3-3-1)

Austin 22, Mississippi 23

Mississippi has been stung of late in its’ quest for a division title and respectability. Here is their chance to make their mark. They are tough at home… and they do well vs division opponents. Austin barely escaped with a W last week after a surprising 2 point conversion call outwitted the Beast. This week, they will have to pull another “… hey, Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat…” The ROAR of the Fire Dogs that ensues will be enough to force the Knights into retreat… and the L.

Make the Call? AUS 22, MIS 23.

XU! KLJADSDH LOIHJEOFH LIQEKLFHEOQW JJ!!! (TRANSLATED: SO! YOU THINK MY CHINESE KUNG FU NO GOOD?) WATCH THIS MATCH UP! Louisiana (3-4) at Black Hills (5-2)

Louisiana smarting after the all out effort came up short on the road last week. The MACHINE is back in the Black Hills Machine… the are hitting on ALL cylinders led by QB Snyder and HB Cooper. The O-line powers this team, and the Beast have no answer for their (or anyone else’s power running game.) On paper, this one is no contest… the home team ALWAYS wins this match up. (STRIKE ONE!) The Beast have traded once again, and moved key personnel to new slots. It ALWAYS takes a week B4 these changes benefit the team (STRIKE 2!) The Machine has a running game again, and will control the clock while Louisiana has yet to control the clock this season. (STRIKE 3! YER OUT!) As the ump (REF?) waves his arms at the final gun, the Beast will tuck tail and slink out of the Badlands with another W. Luckily, it’s not a division game.

Make the Call? LOU 13, BLK 24.

WORTHY OF OUR INTERST: Honolulu (3-4) at Springfield (3-4)

Honolulu needs it worse, Springfield getting shelled on defense. No wonder the south lost. We see Honolulu pulling this one out.

Make the Call? HON 22, SPR 20.

Wichita (4-3) at Lincoln (3-4)

An important division match up. Wichita making waves of late, Lincoln fading fast. Are the vets wasted already? Don’t count on it. “… the road is a winding place… he ain’t heavy he’s my brother…” And that will be enough for Lincoln this week.

Make the Call? WCH 17, LIN 18.

Steel Valley (3-4) at Mobile (5-1-1)
For all the buildup, The Smash are getting smashed in games they need to win. Mobile keeps getting stronger. No contest.

Make the Call? STV 23, MOB 24.

FERGET ABOUT IT! Fort Wayne (2-5) at Dayton (4-3)

Dayton wins. Not worthy of a call.

OOPSEY! Madison (3-4) at St Louis (1-6)

Ditto.

My Condolences to both. Fargo (2-5) at Colorado (3-4)
the only time we fail is when we stop trying

Peoria
All-Pro

As usual

Post by Peoria »

As usual, a colorful and entertaining matchup preview.

Despite records, I think the Fargo-Colorado matchup will be a great game!
Ian Verhaegen
G.M.
Peoria Pirates

Mike
All-Pro

Post by Mike »

Lou hasnèt controlled the clock...so what! One game I had 3x the # of first downs as my opponent....and still lost. With the defensive reductions, a deep bomb or a strong WR breaking a tackle can put Vanterpool, Shakes or Flowers breaking for the score! Remember, FWS is 3rd in offence, 3rd in defence for yards.....but if the Beast can score with the big guns they just might go all the way....perhaps a deep bomb offence is necessary to throw some water in the gast tank of the Machine!
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

Green Bay Bombers
All-Pro

I'll tell you what

Post by Green Bay Bombers »

If there was ever a deep bomb offense (pass or run), Louisiana is using it. NFL Oakland in its' heyday was never anything like this. Don't count out TE Montoya. Still, Black Hills wins this one. FIFL history is against the Beast. Thanks for the support. It is appreciated! 8)
the only time we fail is when we stop trying

TC
All-Pro

SHELLED!

Post by TC »

Bayou Beast wrote:WORTHY OF OUR INTERST: Honolulu (3-4) at Springfield (3-4)

Honolulu needs it worse, Springfield getting shelled on defense. No wonder the south lost. We see Honolulu pulling this one out.

Make the Call? HON 22, SPR 20.
I thought I had come up with every word to describe my defense, but leave it to Jimmy to come up with a new one---"SHELLED". Very nice choice of words!

Thanks for the return of the weekly previews Jimmy! 8)

-TC