while we wait...

Weekly predictions and previews from the 'experts'
Green Bay Bombers
All-Pro

while we wait...

Post by Green Bay Bombers »

ANIMAL HOUSE! Couldn’t be a better theme this week. AN_TIC_I_PA_A_SHUNNN… is makin me wait… So while we’re waiting, I FINALLY have some time to post!

GAME OF THE WEEK! (THOU IT SEEMS THERE ARE MANY, AND IT’S MY COLUMN SO:

Wichita (7-6) at Louisiana (7-6)!!!!!!!
One of two intriguing games featuring the past two WIFL BOWL participants. The loser most likely goes home for the season. We favor Louisiana… but the Black Knight may have his way?
FROM THE TOP: Billings (7-6) at Honolulu (7-6)
Brilliant season for Billings comes to an end. Still, 7-7 ain’t bad. Defense needs work… LAST in points allowed is never good. The Count comes up short in this one. HONOLULU MAKES THE PLAYOFFS?!? HOLD THE PRESSES!
Black Hills (7-6) at Portland (10-3)
3 teams figure to be 7-7 after this week in the Great Plain Division… a 1st in the FIFL as I can recall! Portland now has the obligatory 3 losses, and tune up for the conquest it envisions for the FIFL Crown this season. Tough to bet against them. Black Hills is in the playoffs regardless, as we see it… But at 7-7? SAY IT AIN’T SO, JOE!
Colorado (7-6) at Springfield (5-8)
OH, MY! THIS IS WHAT IT COMES DOWN TO FOR THE 2nd OF THE TWO FINALISTS FOR ALL THE MARBLES LAST SEASON?!? Actually, don’t like the Wildcats’ chances. Springfield slayed the Prowlers earlier, at THE time they needed to get over on TOP TIER Portland. They are favored by 1 at home by the game. We see as accurate?!!!!!? OH, MY!!!!!!!!!!
Fargo (5-8) at Lincoln (6-7)
There are a number of teams deserving of comeback team of the year honors… one admires Portland, whom missed the play offs last season, and now seem destined to win it all? Or Honolulu whom have hung tough all season, and are all but assured of a play off slot (for the 1st time?!?) or Mobile, a classic worst to 1st story… or Austin, possibly a week away from its’ 1st division title after switching conferences? BUT my vote goes to LINCOLN, making bold moves in the off season, employing PPPs that took advantage of their personnel, and are poised to a advance to franchise best 7-7 after this week. That, to us, is HUGE! And… they are favored by 6 this week at home. No Brainer… and CONGRATS! Best of luck in the future!
Mississippi (7-5-1) at Mobile (8-4-1)
Mississippi tough, improved, but can’t see them past this game. Mobile is for real. Two losses in a row have the team fired up to start on a positive note for the play offs. Seagulls fecal matter covers the flame of the fire dogs.
Steel Valley (5-8) at Austin (8-5)
(… in our best Lee Marvin-esque mode: “…What EVER happened to you…” (CAT BALLOU… still a classic… Lee Marvin, sleeping off a bender, he and his horse are asleep leaning on the side of a wooden structure?!?) This is 2 seasons in a row Steel Valley was expected to blossom into a perennial division champion. Why has this not happened? PPPS? That is the only answer we have… they have the personnel to get it done. Austin puts the emphatic exclamation point on another frustrating season for the Smash.
Madison (7-6) at Fort Wayne (3-10)
In a way, who cares? BUT these teams are not far from contending in their respective divisions. Madison’s rebuilding is ahead of schedule. Fort Wayne (reading between the lines?) is headed in another direction? The Safari have many key components in place for a run at the title soon? THAT, and the pride of defending the home field may be enough this week. Fort Wayne wins.
Dayton (8-5) at St Louis (2-11)
This a MOST intriguing match up. On paper, Dayton RULES! GAME says, St Louis by 1. IF this were to occur, not an impossibility, it would send MAJOR shock waves throughout the division… EVEN IF DAYTON LOSSES, they win the division and are in the play offs!
the only time we fail is when we stop trying

portland
All-Pro

Comeback

Post by portland »

Hear hear! Lincoln Logs deserve SOME kind of props. Of course, they've had years to stockpile No. 1 choices, so they should be good. But who'da thunk barley still had anything left in the tank, and trading Fourcade looks like the best move of the year. 7-7 finish only assures them of even more talent come draft day.

Green Bay Bombers
All-Pro

Jimi Hendrix

Post by Green Bay Bombers »

... amen brother, rock on drummer... the game has Lincoln OVER Colorado in the Power Rankings: 64 to 63?
the only time we fail is when we stop trying