TC's Take - Week 9

Weekly predictions and previews from the 'experts'
TC
All-Pro

TC's Take - Week 9

Post by TC »

[Note: I know it's been a few weeks...work has been brutal. I hope to be able to keep this going from now through the championship.]

TC’s TAKE – Week 9

Here's my quick review of everything we saw in Week 9 of the 2008 FIFL season:

TC's Top 10

1. Portland (7-2) : For once, Higgs is a detriment to the Prowlers (1 INT and 2 Fumbles – 1 returned for a TD)

2. Mobile (6-3) : Despite the loss to Wichita, the Seagulls are still the team to beat in the American Conference. Banghart will have his squad ready to take on the Firedogs.

3. Colorado (6-3) : Wildcats eagerly await rematch with Bolts in Week 12.

4. Madison (6-3) : Mad Dogs keep making deals. Jury is still out on the trades…

5. Springfield (6-3) : Okay…I’m awake now. Slayers’ chances in the Bayou don’t look good.

6. Fort Wayne (6-3) : The surprise of the season? The team is…but HB Coleman is the real deal and no one should be surprised to see this young back produce.

7. Billings (5-4) : Bolts have won 2 of their last 3…need to keep the winning streak alive as they face all 3 divisional teams in Weeks 12-14.

8. Austin (5-4) : Knights do have weak links in their armor as evidenced over the past few weeks. Petithomme better be ready to ‘walk the walk’ and back up his talk against Fort Wayne.

9. Louisiana (4-5) : Let the deals begin! Beast late season trade frenzy on again. This team is even more dangerous with the addition of Dumas.

10. Honolulu (5-4) : Hurricanes quietly hanging around in the National Conference. Perez still needs to step up and take some pressure off of Hall.

Offensive Player of the Week

Billings HB Wesley Cates – 202 yards rushing and the 58 yard game winning TD in OT over the Wildcats.

Defensive Player of the Week

Springfield LB Rodney Woodham – Woodham’s fumble recovery for a TD proved to be a key play in the game against Portland. He also added 6 tackles and 1 sack.

Special Teams Player of the Week

Louisiana P Brian Lee – Placed Dayton on their 3 yard line in OT which proved to be crucial as the Beast tackled Skyhawks FB Stone in the end zone for the game-winning safety. [Thanks David!]

Next week

The brothers battle it out as Wichita travels to Portland. Smash try to climb back into the Eastern Division race but will have to win on the road against Madison. Firedogs / Seagulls and Wildcats / Hurricanes have huge implications for the victors.
Game of the Week: Fort Wayne at Austin
Last edited by TC on Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Green Bay Bombers
All-Pro

WOO HOO!

Post by Green Bay Bombers »

a BEAST made the TCs Take special teams player of the week? Gotta be a 1st this season?

5. Springfield (6-3) : Okay…I’m awake now. Slayers’ chances in the Bayou don’t look good.

Beware Slayers... both teams will take off the gloves for this one... the question posed by the GM of the FIFL champion Portland Prowlers hangs over the BEAST... "Can they play?" Only time will tell... see y'all on the field Thursday... Jimmy, LBB.

WHOA...

9. Louisiana (4-5) : Let the deals begin! Beast late season trade frenzy on again. This team is even more dangerous with the addition of Dumas.

Unfortunately, compedtitors may have beaten Louisiana to the punch. Madison has been the king RE: trades this season... and the Mad Dogs are for real. Others in the AFC have set themselves up as well.

Louisiana enters the TC Take top 10? How long will it last? Only sub-.500 to make the list? WERY interestink...
the only time we fail is when we stop trying

pjohns
All-Pro

Post by pjohns »

Well i've been very active, probably too active but i have to be as i dont really have any draft picks for this season, just a 1st really so trades is all i have.

Trying to get the team much younger, i know i have Vanterpool starting but he probably will only be here for a year then Fleming can take over.

My starting LB's i wanted to get much faster, last year i had just one LB in his 80's in SP.

This year i've upgraded and now i have 4 starting LB's with 80 or more SP so to me thats an upgrade. If anything i have too many good LB's now, LB Johnny Shepherd was All-FIFL last year and can play at LB1 or LB2 and make plays but i have no room for him.

My biggest problem now is my secondary with quite a few 8 year vets. I've rebuilt my offensive line with a lot of good young talent and some very good young backups. I could always trade the young backups.

My d-line i was hoping would be very good but i havent had a ton of sacks, big trade for me this week picking up DE DeGrate as hes a sackmaster this year and i hope he carries on that. Slappy still has tons of potential and veteran Corker has done well as a backup (2 tackles, 2 sacks) and last year rookie Garth was the same.

I've done a ton of rebuilding and remoulding this year, had two very good drafts the last few seasons. Would like to get hold of some 2nd or 3rd round draft picks so send me any trade offers.

Also got rid of a lot off veteran players so i think Madison are in good shape at the moment. Franzer has come through, Housekeeper still needs a year or two to be an impact player but rookie S Todd has done well.