Here we go!

Weekly predictions and previews from the 'experts'
Green Bay Bombers
All-Pro

Here we go!

Post by Green Bay Bombers »

Dateline Baton Rouge: Tension mounts on the eve of the 2009 FIFL GOLD CUP. Here are some factors that may decide this match:

1) There is a large discrepancy between NFC and AFC winners in favor of the NFC. The AFC is due a W.

2) Star Power… The Louisiana Bayou Beast have established stars, particularly at WR. The Honolulu Hurricanes have stars in the making.

3) Defense… Honolulu is built on it, Louisiana progressed very well over the season and is peaking now.

4) Home field advantage… cannot be dismissed. Granted, the playing field is level in the play offs. History says the home team wins.

5) Turnovers/Penalties/IN/DI… can be absolute killers. The better the IN/DI numbers, the lesser the chance for turnovers and penalties The game seems to amp up this factor in the play offs.

6) Injury/Depth. If key players exit the game for any length of time, it skews the whole deal for that team. Witness Louisiana last week when the maddening habit of this game in this league towards Louisiana losing its’ starting QB in the play offs reared its’ ugly head. QB Kane Claunch (!?!?) filled in and carried the day.

7) Je ne sais qua… the intangibles.

What does it all mean? Your guess is as good as ours. We have been over it from every angle. #4 (travel time to Honolulu) and #7 are huge… and may well be the difference.

TC
All-Pro

Post by TC »

Good luck!

Whatever the outcome it should be a great game! :)

-TC
General Manager
Springfield Slayers

Commish
Site Admin

Post by Commish »

My Steelers play Indy tonight (Yes, born and raised there so a true-blood fan)... so I am watching this with friend and sons (even though they are 1 and 4, they are still watching).

After the game, will run Championship... no sooner, so don't wait up if the game runs late.

Finally, please adjust your roster accordingly as I will run retirements Thursday night.