T Adam Kieft

News on players of the FIFL
Mike
All-Pro

T Adam Kieft

Post by Mike »

Was only a 4th round pick for FWS in 2019. A solid player, but nothing that screams 'Gold Cup'.
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

Connecticut
All-Pro

Post by Connecticut »

I agree, Kieft looks decent, but he's a good 3 years away from being a starter. If you want someone better right now, there are about 10 veteran OL on the FA list that could help for the next year or two.

one person's opinion is all ...

Rob
:)
ConnCoy

Green Bay Bombers
All-Pro

the point is...

Post by Green Bay Bombers »

... did anyone see this player with his current numbers on the league website prior to his acquistion by PITT?

KevinGMHON
All-Pro

Post by KevinGMHON »

wow you drafted him higher then his real nfl draft where he was 152 picked overall
Stand Back There's a Hurricane coming thru

Connecticut
All-Pro

Re: the point is...

Post by Connecticut »

Green Bay Bombers wrote:... did anyone see this player with his current numbers on the league website prior to his acquistion by PITT?

no, but admittedly I didn't pay attention to the FA list. The only time I looked was when I heard HB Shannon was out there.

Mike
All-Pro

Post by Mike »

end of 2019:

72 88 75 91 66 75 73 79
now:

72 89 80 93 67 75 74 81

FWS training: 30AG 30ST, 15 DI, rest = 5. Seems to be kosher, still 80 is low AG. Kieft was drafted with #s 610 overall.
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

Green Bay Bombers
All-Pro

but

where was he on the website when you cut him and B4 PITT picked himup? NOWHERE

Mike
All-Pro

Post by Mike »

I have no data as to when:
-the commish acted on my move to release Kieft
-the commish posted the move online
-the commish decided to pick up Kieft
-the commish posted the move online
-the commish received other requests.

I don't care. The commish offered the player to you, so I don't care.

Now, what I think is ridiculous is for the commish to slow down the entire league for a player who was a 4th round pick and who won't be playing this year. I think we have to make a conscious effort to reduce the commish' load not only for himself, but to make the league run more efficiently, meaning for all of us. The commish has made announcements of running the league one day, then delaying because of a rush of moves to make! Imagine for every release 18 GMs would have to have sufficient notice, then time to consider, all in order of record......zzzzzz

Here is what I propose to avoid both the GM's issue (in this case, Jimmy, but I can see how it would benefit Joe from POR who builds from Free Agents). It assumes we can put another topic in the forums.

Any release/pickup will be posted online on a separate FIFL forum listing. Between 'Player Info' and 'Season and Game Awards' we can put 'Transactions'. The title of the release and pickup will be entitled 'Release X, pickup Y' (or put 'trade balance' if it is response to you release/pickup a guy to balance your roster). In the body you list what you did to improve your team.

For example, FWS would have put 'Release T Kieft, Pick up LB Sabb'. That posting would be time-stamped, as all postings are. The body would say something like 'extra OL, need LB help'.

To claim a player, you post to claim. The commish checks this at his convenience...if he isn't checking it we assume he's too busy to run the games anyways...no harm no foul.

The commish can make rules right now as to how long someone has to pick up a player. For example, the weakest 3rd of the league (bottom 6 teams from last season???) can claim the player within 24 hours. If 2 teams of those 6 claim that guy on waivers, the weakest team wins. After the 24 hours are up....it is fair game. A strong team can post a bid before the 24 hour period is up...and be first in line at the 24hour mark. No relative bumping of teams would occur after the 24 hour mark.

It is assumed that releasing a player is a reject, so it may be that the commish runs a week before a GM requests a reject.

This puts less work on the Commmish, I think. And no Free Agent hawks get burned....for example someone who who did not have a lot of draft picks and who had a lot of retirements would correctly feel frustrated at not getting a good shot at a decent Free Agent.

if a stronger team pre-posts their interest before 24 hours, they will also be releasing a player. The bid time for that newly released player starts immediately, but will only occur if the original release/pickup occurs. Hypothetical example: I release T Kieft, POR wants him, bids for him an hour later, and releases Safety X. GBY wants Safety X, but has to wait until we see if POR's bid is accepted at the 24-hour mark.

Summary:
1)You post the release/pickup (automatically timestamped)
2)a subgroup of teams (bottom 3rd from last year?) get first shot for 24 hours. Weaker teams can bump during this time.
3)stronger teams can request players but must wait 24 hours. When they bid, they have to list what player they will be releasing.
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

Green Bay Bombers
All-Pro

BUT...

the released posted player for reasons unknown WAS NEVER AGAIN POSTED WITH NUMBERS attached... how is anyone to assess any player without numbers attached? Especially with 'enhanced TC' this season. The existing system is fine IF the correct information is available to all teams. Find even one GM who can prove he saw numbers on this player and I'll back off and apologize...

Mike
All-Pro

Post by Mike »

I'm horribly confused. I thought the issue was:
1.Team A releases someone. 2.Team B takes him 3.Team C liked the released player so much that they are mad the transactions went so quickly.

I don't know if Kieft was boosted or not. There seems to be a strong correlation between my training and his improvements:

Kieft went +7 in areas heavily trained (2 attributes at 30%)
went +2 in one area moderately trained (15%)
up + 1 in AC,HA,IN (5%)

total = +12. +1 are not unusual for young players at 5% training, without boosts. There may have been a boost, or maybe not.

I think this gets to what you are discussing: I cannot remember and have no data on whether the +12 is only due to my (superior?) training camp or whether a 'boost' got involved. I do not keep lists of post-TC rosters every year. Most teams probably never keep such data. I cannot tell if there was a boost after TC, and, as I released him after TC (and post POSSIBLE-boost), I don't and should not care. I am merely trying to build a very easy system to follow. The criteria include the fact that not everyone saves rosters before and after draft and TC.

A hypothesis exists where Kieft was boosted after being released from FWS and before being added to PIT. I want no part of that witchhunt!!!! I reject such a hypothesis as Kieft appeared to rise in attributes the most where he was trained the most. A weaker reason to reject was that the GM of PIT was ready to give up Kieft very quickly so we could move on. If you are concerned with that, my suggestion for posting releases online works, as everyone gets 24 hours to see the numbers.

"The Existing System is fine IF the correct information is available to all teams." Very logical point. Please define 'correct information'. Are you asking all GMs to keep copies of rosters before TC, after TC, before boost, after boost (same as pre-release of Kieft), after release, after pickup? Sherlock Holmes would not expect such fine data to sift through. My board announcement proposal would save all that work!

That's as logical as I can be. Now I will be judgemental in a 'trust my gut' manner. Considering the numbers and the training scheme, the possibility of Kieft's post-TC boost (whether before or after his release) is NOWHERE near the significance of moving a HB to a DB position, as we saw earlier this year. Maybe it's because I released the player, but I fail to see the fuss...if you want the player, the GM offered him to you. We miss your 'Let's Play Ball' messages... :(
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner