Site Admin

Bam Morris

Post by Commish »

It's official...

Former NFL running back Morris joins Copperheads
By Nick Georgandis
Sports Editor

Wednesday, March 8, 2006 9:20 PM CST

Three days before their inaugural game, the Katy Copperheads signed former NFL running back Byron “Bam” Morris, a graduate of Texas Tech University and native of Cooper.

Morris’ stint in the NFL was cut short by on and off-the-field trouble, notably suspensions for failing the league’s substance-abuse policy and two stints in prison, one for distributing marijuana in the Kansas City area and another for violating his parole terms.

On Wednesday night at Copperheads’ practice at the Leonard Merrell Center, Morris said he was out to prove to himself he can still be a competitive football player.

“I’m doing this for my heart, I don’t have to prove myself to anyone,” Morris said. “I’ve played against the highest level of talent and I want to see if I can still compete. I’m better mentally than I was 10 years ago.”

Morris, who recently turned 34, said he has been free of drugs and alcohol for nearly six years.

portland
All-Pro

Post by portland »

what happened with his AFL attempt? he walked out of camp? the NIFL was better??? :?:

Commish
Site Admin

Post by Commish »

They wanted him to play defense too... and he was not very good at all at that. NIFL gives him the ability to play "Indoor Football" rather than Arena. He will play just the FB role instead of FB/LB.

Commish
Site Admin

Post by Commish »

FIRST GAME>>>

River City 69 - Katy 33.... in Katy.

Morris ran 13 times for 64 yards and 2 TD's.

YEAH!!!!! He can now enter the FIFL Draft!!!!!