A GM POINT OF VIEW : THE QB CLASS OF 2000

News on players of the FIFL
KevinGMHON
All-Pro

A GM POINT OF VIEW : THE QB CLASS OF 2000

Post by KevinGMHON »

When you look at some of the qb that came out of that draft it blows your mind. Albert Higgs of portland Ranked 2nd in career rating with 103 rating and 4 gold cups. Craig Strickland of colorado Who is only 1 of 2 qb's who have thrown for over 40,000 yards in there career and who has 2 gold cups. John Forcade who was drafted by Dayton and is currently playing for Fort wayne has appeared in a record for qbs of 5 championships out of 12 championships while playing for 3 diffrent teams. Besides thos 3 qb being from the same draft year one other thing is surpring from that year NONE of them were drafted in the first round only one qb was drafted in the first round and that was qb James Brown Who was drafted by the Sioux falls with teh 8th pick overall, the team has since moved to springfield and who sat on the bench and who didnt become teh started until his 8th season while the other 3 qb have been startes since they were drafted. He has only been a starting qb 3 of his 12 seasons and is currently the backup qb for honolulu. Just goes to show you that there is depth in the drafts and hall of famer just waiting to be drafted in later rounds. Surpising stat out of teh 18 starting Quaterbacks in the leaguse only 4 of them have been drafted in the first round. When all is said and done the year of 2000 will go down as the year of the QB

This has been a gm point of view
Stand Back There's a Hurricane coming thru

portland
All-Pro

Post by portland »

that was my first draft and i hit the jackpot -- took WR russell copeland in the first round and got lucky when higgs was available later. if he wasn't there i would've taken fourcade (in real life he played in the CFL, USFL and NFL before moving indoors). that season i also drafted my QB2, bob bees, who actually started that year over higgs (bees had a bit better INT at that point). QB erik wilhelm, who was a longtime starter for what is now wichita, was also drafted in 2000.