19%

Total votes: 16

TC
All-Pro

2015 League Most Valuable Player

Post by TC »

Candidates for the 2015 League's Most Valuable Player award are:

QB Albert Higgs (ROC)
70.5 completion % (#1 in league), 3559 yards passing, 111.6 QB rating (1st in FIFL)
23 TDs (tied for most in league), 2 INTs

HB Wes Ours (ROC)
1244 yards rushing, 4.9 Avg, 12 TDs
79 receptions for 772 yards, 9.8 Avg, 4 TDs
2016 total all-purpose yards (1st in FIFL)

HB Jarvis Dunn (TEN)
956 yards rushing, 3.5 Avg, 12 TDs
87 receptions for 857 yards, 9.9 Avg, 5 TDs
1813 total all-purpose yards, 17 TDs (102 points - tied for 4th in FIFL)

QB Danny Ragsdale (GBY)
60.8 completion %, 3156 yards passing, 18 TDs, 1 INT, 107.2 QB rating

HB Leroy McFadden (SPR)
1176 yards rushing, 4.4 Avg, 10 TDs
74 receptions for 825 yards, 11.1 Avg, 4 TDs
2001 total all-purpose yards (2nd in FIFL)

HB Jegil Duggers (MIN)
819 yards rushing, 3.6 Avg, 11 TDs
65 receptions for 704 yards, 10.8 Avg, 6 TDs
1523 total all-purpose yards, 17 TDs (102 points - tied for 4th in FIFL)

HB Paris Moore (CHE)
949 yards rushing, 4.7 Avg, 11 TDs
108 receptions for 1047 yards, 9.7 Avg, 3 TDs
1996 total all-purpose yards, 51 rushing yards short of becoming the leagues's 1st 1000 rushing /1000 receiving player

QB Kurt Warner (LEX)
67.0 completion %, 3715 yards passing, 103.1 QB rating
21 TDs, 6 INTs
Last edited by TC on Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mike
All-Pro

Post by Mike »

Maybe this is not the best award to push this, but I have to vote for the Offensive Line of the Green Bay Bombers. Decent rushing (4.1) and allowed only 17 sacks all season.
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

banghart
Seasoned-Veteran

Re: 2015 League Most Valuable Player

Post by banghart »

If you believe that this award is for the most valuable player, and not for the player that had the best individual season, then I think Shaun King deserves some consideration. He loses big time points for not playing whole a season, but the Fighting Pike's run to the NFC, is that the conference I am in?, championship was driven by the switch to Shaun King.

King would have been the highest rated passer if he had the minimum number of completions, he was fifty attempts short of qualifying. But the big reason to consider him is that he almost single handedly turned the year around. Minnesota was 3-5 after losing by one point to Tennessee when King came in for the injuried Browning Nagle, the one trade that didn't really work this year. The Pike then went 7-1 with King starting and leading my team to the playoffs for the first time in four years and first playoff win in seven years.

Doubt he gets the award since he played less than half a season, but he certainly was the most valuable player on the Pike this year.
New location, same goal...

pjohns
All-Pro

Post by pjohns »

Obviously a biased pick but i hope Albert Higgs wins it. Imagine it in the NFL, a 15 year veteran, probably in his final season has an amazing season and nearly takes his team to the final. Favre had a great final season in the NFL but Higgs was the top rated QB and threw the joint most td's.

Amazing year by Higgs and i'm glad i traded for the old guy. Hate seeing a former All-World QB on the bench and i'm glad a veteran like Higgs performed well for me.

Mike
All-Pro

Post by Mike »

I think I voted for Ours here. Higgs is great, but could he really have been #1 rated-QB without the defence biting on playaction fake handoffs to Ours? Did Ours win games for Roc or was it Higgs? Could Higgs have won so many games with your HB2?
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

Riverhawks
Seasoned-Veteran

Post by Riverhawks »

I also picked Ours, and for the same reason.

If there was an award for the most valuable combination of two players, I would vote for Riverhawks HB Jarvis Dunn and FB Chrys Chukuma.

Connecticut
All-Pro

Post by Connecticut »

when i pick a player for an MVP award, I try to put it in the context of: I have first pick of a draft, who would I pick? Assuming I'd have this player for one year.

Its difficult, cuz the players performance is based not only on his OWN ability, but on the ability of the supporting cast. A QB will do much better with a stud HB and stud OL and stud WRs than if they were all just average OL and WRs and RBs.

I have no idea what my point was, haha. Working on a saturday and just felt the need to visit the board
Rob
:o)

Mike
All-Pro

Post by Mike »

lol
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

TC
All-Pro

Post by TC »

Connecticut wrote:when i pick a player for an MVP award, I try to put it in the context of: I have first pick of a draft, who would I pick? Assuming I'd have this player for one year.

Its difficult, cuz the players performance is based not only on his OWN ability, but on the ability of the supporting cast. A QB will do much better with a stud HB and stud OL and stud WRs than if they were all just average OL and WRs and RBs.

I have no idea what my point was, haha. Working on a saturday and just felt the need to visit the board
Rob
:o)
Which is why you should vote for McFadden! :P

exit322
All-Pro

Post by exit322 »

What, no Battle Creek players?
Let the Mayhem begin!

Green Bay Bombers
All-Pro

Post by Green Bay Bombers »

Dinkins WAS SPR this season... my vote goes to him... without him, the team might not have reached the playoffs.

Riverhawks
Seasoned-Veteran

Post by Riverhawks »

TC wrote:Which is why you should vote for McFadden! :P
Hmmm. Little Jarvis Dunn outrushed McFadden 74 yards to 48 yards in the Gold Cup game.

WHO'S AFRAID OF JARVIS DUNN?!?!?!

Mike
All-Pro

Post by Mike »

aren't these awards for regular season?
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

pjohns
All-Pro

Post by pjohns »

Very happy that Higgs is going to win the League MVP vote, great send off for the old guy. Was a bit nervous of my decision to sign the old guy and make Franzer my backup but has paid off (plus paid off for Conn !)

Excellent 1 and a half season run for my team, two playoff appearances, one FIFL Bowl appearance. Glad Higgs has extended his touchdown records which 'may' not ever be beaten. Great final year for the old guy

KevinGMHON
All-Pro

Post by KevinGMHON »

pjohns wrote:Very happy that Higgs is going to win the League MVP vote, great send off for the old guy. Was a bit nervous of my decision to sign the old guy and make Franzer my backup but has paid off (plus paid off for Conn !)

Excellent 1 and a half season run for my team, two playoff appearances, one FIFL Bowl appearance. Glad Higgs has extended his touchdown records which 'may' not ever be beaten. Great final year for the old guy
dont look now but he doesnt want to retire
Stand Back There's a Hurricane coming thru