TC Finney - Springfield
21%

Total votes: 14

TC
All-Pro

2016 GM of the Year

Post by TC »

GM of the Year

This is always the toughest to narrow down. Please feel free to use the "Other - Post below" option if you feel there is another well-deserving GM that is not listed.

Nominees for GM of the Year for the 2016 season are:

Jason Hink - Chesapeake
Reversed the tide after a 6-8 season in 2015 and guided his team to the playoffs for the first time in Chesapeake.

Mike Banghart - Minnesota
Completed the turnaround in Minnesota, winning the Gold Cup just 2 seasons after going 3-11 in 2014 (team was in Mobile).

Mike Blank - Fort Wayne
After missing the playoffs in 2014 and losing in the first round in 2015, the Safari returned to elite status in the FIFL in 2016 with a trip to the FIFL Bowl against Minnesota.

Jim Scanella - Wichita
Lead the Warlords to the playoffs for the first time since the 2009 season.
Last edited by TC on Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JH-Tide
Seasoned-Veteran

Post by JH-Tide »

There were multiple GMs deserving of an award this year (and I was not among them), but I had to go with Mr. Pike for finally getting that franchise a championship in its 18th season.

Nods also to the Other Mike for restoring his Safari to relevance after a brief slide, to Ian for making a showing with a spotty roster, and finally to the other owners of the Pacific Division for successfully conspiring to make Portland look good without getting busted by Dave for collusion.

portland
All-Pro

Post by portland »

portland catching a break from the commish! that's a good one! he won't even answer my emails!!!