Other - Post below
7%

Total votes: 14

TC
All-Pro

2017 GM of the Year

Post by TC »

GM of the Year

This is always the toughest to narrow down. Please feel free to use the "Other - Post below" option if you feel there is another well-deserving GM that is not listed.

Nominees for GM of the Year for the 2017 season are:

Rob Gordy - Connecticut
After a 4-10 campaign in 2016, Connecticut entered a trading frenzy. It’s hard to argue with the results - the first winning season (8-6) in team history and their 2nd ever playoff appearance (first was in 2010 – Rob’s first season as GM).

David Harwood - Pittsburgh
Gladiators were 11-3 in 2017 compared to 8-6 in 2016. Pittsburgh won their first American Conference Championship and earned their first trip to the FIFL Bowl.

Jim Scanella - Wichita
Improved to 9-5 in 2017. The Warlords made the playoffs for consecutive years for the first time since 2008/2009, won their first National Conference Championship and earned their first trip to the FIFL Bowl.
Last edited by TC on Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mike
All-Pro

Post by Mike »

Kevin Fillman - HON. I have teased him in the past, but this year he did (surprisingly) well. Made the tough call to bench Perez (#5 all-time) Kept Cates, rejected Shakes. 5-1 in division of death. #2 offence, #4 defence. Just couldn't punch it in is why HON is not the Gold Cup CHamps.
2011 Gold Cup Winner
2013 Gold Cup Winner

Connecticut
All-Pro

Post by Connecticut »

Seems like I check these message boards every other day so I don't know how a month slipped by and I didn't catch the yearly Awards polls but now they are closed :o(

Thank you all very much for voting me GM of the year. I'm ecstatic our team made the playoffs and for the first time in franchise history we had a winning season! We lost a VERY close first round playoff game to the eventual FIFL champions, so even though we lost I am proud of the team.

Hoping my team doesn't all retire in the off-season! haha. Thanks again and good luck to everyone in 2018!
Rob
Connecticut
:o)